The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

The Cassano-Pazzini swap will probably be finished tonight. Heck, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport Moratti already announced that Cassano started training with Inter. Then again, the clubs are from the same city... Cassano could've taken the freaking metro to his new club. :rofl2:

Good move for Italian football in general. Just like English fans are happy when English players move to some of the top domestic clubs, so too are Italian fans.
The swap deal involved Milan paying €7m cash to Inter. ****ing hell.

Pato in injury shocker, expected to miss the weekend's opening fixture, at least.
Reply 22
Original post by Kevmeister
Apologies for the double post.....

Serie A approves long bench. Will this catch on elsewhere? :beard:

Intriguing. :beard: Hopefully, this will be good for opportunities for younger players.

The swap deal involved Milan paying €7m cash to Inter. ****ing hell.

Huh. I didn't know Pazzini was that coveted. Didn't think he was rated higher than Cassano, at any rate.
Pato gets injured, so Milan signs (albeit on loan) another injury-prone, obscure Brazilian striker in Eduardo who has apparently scored just 13 competitive goals in 8 seasons (7 of which were in Brazil).

I look forward to Allegri getting the boot before Christmas, and Galliani contuining to make some of the worst transfers in Italian football history.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by I Kant Spall
Pato gets injured, so Milan signs (albeit on loan) another injury-prone, obscure Brazilian striker in Eduardo who has apparently scored just 13 competitive goals in 8 seasons (7 of which were in Brazil).

I look forward to Allegri getting the boot before Christmas, and Galliani contuining to make some of the worst transfers in Italian football history.

I'm still unsure why they aren't in for Damaio. Seems to make a whole lot of sense for them to sign someone like him. :dontknow:
Reply 25
Original post by Abiraleft
I'm still unsure why they aren't in for Damaio. Seems to make a whole lot of sense for them to sign someone like him. :dontknow:

He costs more than they are willing to spend.
At this point, it should be news when Pato isn't injured.
Reply 27

What the hell is wrong with allegri? They payed money to get an inferior striker on an exchange deal who is around the same age as the other striker.

Intriguing. :beard: Hopefully, this will be good for opportunities for younger players.

Huh. I didn't know Pazzini was that coveted. Didn't think he was rated higher than Cassano, at any rate.

I dunno why the championship took off the 7 man bench and made it 5 man. This is good for italian football, less people on loan to serie B clubs, sold to a lower league serie A club then bought by a giant club again(leonardo bonucci and antonini anyone)
Inter have just mugged off milan, I know pazzini is good as a target man, but come on there are better players than that.

They have no money/not spending it wisely, see milan in 3rd place this season.
(edited 11 years ago)
The only good bit of business by Milan this summer was getting Montolivo on a free.

The other signings are a class below those who left, and certainly won't help them win Serie A, even if Conte is banned for 10 months. AFAIK he still gets to train the team, choose tactics and so forth.
Reply 29
Julio Cesar might go to QPR?

What a waste...
Inter have signed Alvaro Pereira from Porto for about €10m. They've had a decent summer, and look likely to be around the top of Serie A this season.
Original post by S-man10
Julio Cesar might go to QPR?

What a waste...

Over the past couple of years, Handanovic has been much better so Inter don't really need him anymore.

Inter and Roma have both done well this summer and it'll be interesting to see how they compare with Juve.
Reply 32
Original post by Kevmeister
Inter have signed Alvaro Pereira from Porto for about €10m. They've had a decent summer, and look likely to be around the top of Serie A this season.

Nice. LB looked like a problem as nagatomo is a bit of a Left back bosingwa, they'll be fine with maicon and jonathan at the right this season though. Guarin, cambiasso, sneijder, coutinho, alvarez, cassano, milito looks pretty good with youngsters like faraoni there too. They should be phazing zanetti out of the team this year though, he's 38 now, I know he no longer relys on pace as he's not played at right back/left back since 2010 but I'm not sure if he should be getting so many games at that age.

They have ranocchia and samuel at CB with silvestre too. Look a very strong team, predict them to come second.

Original post by Stu Laverty
Over the past couple of years, Handanovic has been much better so Inter don't really need him anymore.

Inter and Roma have both done well this summer and it'll be interesting to see how they compare with Juve.

Still think juve are stronger. I don't know too much about roma's transfers. They tried too hard last season to make a young team, basically enrique did an AVB there. Who manages them anyway?
(edited 11 years ago)
And Sampdoria beat Milan 1-0 for their first game of the season! Bwahaha what a game, jesus christ. Romero played incredibly and Gastaldello made a crucial goal-line clearance in stoppage time. Milan is a shadow of what they once were... beaten by a promoted team on opening day! Could not have asked for a better start to the season.
Reply 34
Was tempted to put a bit on Samp @7/1 last night. :sigh:
Reply 35
And Sampdoria beat Milan 1-0 for their first game of the season! Bwahaha what a game, jesus christ. Romero played incredibly and Gastaldello made a crucial goal-line clearance in stoppage time. Milan is a shadow of what they once were... beaten by a promoted team on opening day! Could not have asked for a better start to the season.

Sampdoria aren't the typical promoted team though, are they? :colondollar: Perhaps they'll have a season like Newcastle in the Prem!

Is Palombo still bossing the midfield, by the way?
Reply 36
Nice finish by Osvaldo...

Inter start off with a 0-3 win away to Pescara :smile:

Osvaldo has Bieber fever

Sampdoria aren't the typical promoted team though, are they? :colondollar: Perhaps they'll have a season like Newcastle in the Prem!

Is Palombo still bossing the midfield, by the way?

You know, you're right. I never thought of that. Although they didn't dominate the second division as Newcastle did, they're still a perennial first division team with a history of some European football. One year down and they bounce right back up.

I like Palombo but he went on loan to Inter last year. Inter had the option to keep him but they didn't take it, and now Samp doesn't want him either. He wasn't even in the squad today. On the bright side, a younger Italian international, Andrea Poli, has taken his place. Another guy returning from an Inter loan. Reminds me a little of Wilshere before his ankle exploded. :o:
Forza Roma! I think Roma are too gung-ho to challenge for the title but they should be good to watch this season with Zeman at the helm. I didn't manage to catch the Inter Milan match but they have made some astute signings by the looks of things and have set up very well (going by the formation on flashscores). Juventus looked very strong against Parma though, they've strengthened well over the summer so they should be able to cope with CL commitments and will be very hard to beat again.

Fiorentina have made some very good signings whilst spending very little (in transfer fees at least) - David Pizarro, Borja Valero (surprised he didn't go somewhere better) and Matias Fernandez. If they can develop an understanding, particularly with Jovetic and Ljajic in front of them, they can be pretty deadly and one of the best teams to watch in Europe. They've also brought in other guys in like Aquilani, Gonzalo Rodriguez, Roncaglia and El Hamdaoui.

Quick Reply

Latest