The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Milan reportedly looking at Bojan - since when did they take Roma's cast offs? He's not even that good.
Reply 41
Original post by Kevmeister
Milan reportedly looking at Bojan - since when did they take Roma's cast offs? He's not even that good.

Milan are a shambles.
So, Milan sell Cassano and Ibra, and their replacements are Niang, Bojan and Pazzini. Top work from them this summer.

Pato and Robinho are out for the next month too. No more movement re Kaka.
Twitter is suddenly alive with Carroll loan rumours to Milan
Original post by robo donkey
Twitter is suddenly alive with Carroll loan rumours to Milan

Galliani has said it ain't happening.
Sorry for the double post....

Good piece on Milan, and the new route they have chosen, by the impeccable James Horncastle.

Very interesting point about ST sales, contrast between the early 90s and now. They've sold 22k so far, but in the 90s sold 73k at one point.
Reply 46
De Jong is off to Milan, a good deal tbh considering the transfer fee.
Reply 47
Original post by raheem94
De Jong is off to Milan, a good deal tbh considering the transfer fee.

A very good deal, in my opinion. I would have thought City would have been keen to hang on to him, he's a formidable back-up player. I think it also gives a nice bit of balance to Milan's midfield.
Reply 48
Original post by Abiraleft
A very good deal, in my opinion. I would have thought City would have been keen to hang on to him, he's a formidable back-up player. I think it also gives a nice bit of balance to Milan's midfield.

He is in the last year of his contract, also Mancini doesn't rates him highly. Aside from his aggressive nature of causing injuries, 3.5-5m euros is still too cheap for him. Wondering why other clubs not went for him...
Reply 49
Original post by raheem94
He is in the last year of his contract, also Mancini doesn't rates him highly. Aside from his aggressive nature of causing injuries, 3.5-5m euros is still too cheap for him. Wondering why other clubs not went for him...

I can't imagine that many clubs bigger than Milan were in for him, so perhaps there was a bit of personal pressure in getting the deal done. :dontknow:
Reply 50
Fiorentiana's Matija Nastajic looks to be Manchester bound now, with Savic going the other way. Is he any good or just another Savic?
Reply 51
Original post by Abiraleft

Jack rodwell was bought for a reason and not to sit on the bench, he's a long term replacement for barry.
Reply 52
Original post by jam277
Jack rodwell was bought for a reason and not to sit on the bench, he's a long term replacement for barry.

Oh yes, forgot about him. :redface:

Also, Bojan's already indicating he wants to make the Milan deal permanent. :holmes:
Transfer window for clubs wishing to buy has closed. They can sell to clubs in countries whose transfer window is still open.

'Big' moves include Toni back to Fiorentina, Gillardino to Bologna and Borriello's return to Genoa, besides the obvious De Jong and Maicon moves.
Reply 54
NB52 is a Juve player :lol:
Pazzo with a hat trick today... grande Pazzo! But Diamanti was definitely MOTM. Unbelievable little player he is. Too bad his strikers couldn't finish anything.
Reply 56
Original post by Kevmeister
Transfer window for clubs wishing to buy has closed. They can sell to clubs in countries whose transfer window is still open.

'Big' moves include Toni back to Fiorentina, Gillardino to Bologna and Borriello's return to Genoa, besides the obvious De Jong and Maicon moves.

What is up with italian players, they're such journeymen it's unbelievable. They play for all the other big clubs in the league without a problem. If that happened in spain/england they'll get bottles thrown at them all game.

Speaking of that, do they get bad stick for moving to rival clubs in italy?
So many good matchups today (2/9), I don't know which to watch. :sogood:

- Udinese vs. Juve, two of the best teams in the league based on last year's performance (1st and 3rd respectively)
- Inter vs. Roma, two of the youngest and freshest (most transfers) in the league
- Napoli vs. Fiorentina, the two most exciting teams in the league who are guaranteed to score lots of goals (watch it finish 0-0 now :getmecoat:)
Original post by I Kant Spall
So many good matchups today (2/9), I don't know which to watch. :sogood:

- Udinese vs. Juve, two of the best teams in the league based on last year's performance (1st and 3rd respectively)
- Inter vs. Roma, two of the youngest and freshest (most transfers) in the league
- Napoli vs. Fiorentina, the two most exciting teams in the league who are guaranteed to score lots of goals (watch it finish 0-0 now :getmecoat:)

:coma:

Inter vs Roma for me, since they're both so different to last year that it'll be interesting to see how they do.
Juve trounced Udinese 4-1.

Re Milan's match yesterday, they started with ten Italian players.

Quick Reply

Latest