The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Slow start as expected for Frank De Boer at Inter Milan - a defeat and a draw from his opening two games. Inter have gone through changes to their ownership structure for a few years yet spending money on Joao Mario for £38.4m. Will be another inconsistent season for them as not sure De Boer is the right man for them atm.
Reply 1261
Anybody has any idea on Maksimovic and Koulibaly's availability. I can see Torino selling him to Napoli and them finally allowing us to buy Koulibaly.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Anybody has any idea on Maksimovic and Koulibaly's availability. I can see Torino selling him to Napoli and them finally allowing us to buy Koulibaly.

Can't see Koulibaly joining Cheslea this late, even if Napoli do sign Maksimovic seeing as Napoli are light at the back anyway with Raul Abiol probably leaving in 2017 and with Kouilbaly heading to the Africa Cup of Nations and CB Tonelli injured currently.
Original post by Aky786UK
Slow start as expected for Frank De Boer at Inter Milan - a defeat and a draw from his opening two games. Inter have gone through changes to their ownership structure for a few years yet spending money on Joao Mario for £38.4m. Will be another inconsistent season for them as not sure De Boer is the right man for them atm.

I'm not sure either, although Inter have a quality team and should be doing well. With Medel, Banega and Joao Mario in Midfield and Candreva, Persic and Icardi upfront, not forgetting Gabigol and Kondogbia on the bench. The only realy need full backs and then you have a team who can finish top 2 easily.
Great to see Udinese pick up some points at the weekend and on a wider note it's nice to see the calcio having 4 UCL places from 2018 (even though it's undeserved). Shall hopefully see the return of AC and Inter Milan challenging for the UCL. Also what do we think about Joe Hart's move to Torino?? I think its great business for Tornio as he can cover up their leaky defense and with their great forward line they can do really well furthermore it will improve Torino commercially signing a big name like Joe Hart.
Milik doing his best to help Napoli fans get over the heartbreak of losing Higuain. They were excellent at the weekend, and there's probably enough in defeat to keep Milan optimistic too. They definitely controlled the game for large parts of the second half, but it's a shame their ill-discipline cost them.
Would love to see Hart and Wilshere facing each other in the Turin Derby, but unlikely to happen. Hart is A LOT better than the current keepers Torino had, and there aren't that many top class keepers on the market at the moment. If Hart hadn't had an awful Euro 2016, I reckon loads of clubs would have been after him.

Why did Caner Erkin sign for Inter and has now gone to Besiktas?
Original post by Mackay
Milik doing his best to help Napoli fans get over the heartbreak of losing Higuain. They were excellent at the weekend, and there's probably enough in defeat to keep Milan optimistic too. They definitely controlled the game for large parts of the second half, but it's a shame their ill-discipline cost them.

Yes Napoli really played well vs Milan and 2nd half vs Perscra. Really hopeful they can do something in the UCL this season in a winnable group, though you can never trust Italian teams in europe a la Roma!!
Original post by richpanda

Why did Caner Erkin sign for Inter and has now gone to Besiktas?

Wasn't defensively able enough to play LB (you would have though scouts would have seen this, but any free signing for Thoir at the time was good), though Inter will make a 2 million euro profit on him.
Juve squad 🔥. Their B team could give the likes of Roma, Napoli and Inter a run for their money!!
Watching Inter like a true football connieseur. Was watching Ajax too and some Croatian football. Might as well become a full time expert.
Reply 1271
Bahabeck looks like a real player tbh.
Bahabeck looks like a real player tbh.

Was just about to say that , his lay off, his runs. That counter from Pescara was lightning quick. Sanogo he isn't.

Icardi has missed two good chances already this half, has the look of a Giroud about him.
****, Baheback just skipping past players.
Reply 1274
Original post by James.Carnell
Was just about to say that , his lay off, his runs. That counter from Pescara was lightning quick. Sanogo he isn't.

Icardi has missed two good chances already this half, has the look of a Giroud about him.

Yeah Bahebeck so good with his feet. Seems like he could be playing for a big club personally.

Also Handanovic is too good to play for Inter. No idea why Real Madrid don't go in for him, he's a pretty ****ing good goalkeeper.
Reply 1275
Icardi missing another sitter.

He's Giroud in disguise.

Then he scores a pretty impossible header ffs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah Bahebeck so good with his feet. Seems like he could be playing for a big club personally.

Also Handanovic is too good to play for Inter. No idea why Real Madrid don't go in for him, he's a pretty ****ing good goalkeeper.

Yeah, doubt PSG will sell him given how underwhelming Cavani is.

Yeah, Handanovic is a Fifa legend :lol:. Inter's attack is really underwhelming, I just wanted to watch this match for Icardi and yeah he's just scored but he seems a bit Giroud to me.

Edit: Also Pescara is where they bought Verratti from so its probably a bit of an academy for them now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Handanovic and Icardi saving the game. FDB with the subs too, so many attacking players.

Palacio's miss though... lol.

Jam, would Giroud have scored that winning goal? I don't really think he would you know lol
Good to see Hart flapping at crosses just like those foreign goalkeepers do. Really poor authority from him to cost Torino a goal on his debut, but the league is already settling into 2015/16's routine: Juventus shining, Inter struggling etc.

Higuain - for all the talk of him carrying extra weight - has been a fantastic signing for Juve, and you imagine they'll be wanting to make their mark in the Champions League. They haven't won it since 1996, of course.
Juve vs Napoli tomorrow should be an interesting game for more reasons that just Higuain!!

Quick Reply

Latest