The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Messi just reminding people who to vote for Player of the year :ninja:
Reply 41
Messi getting a hat-trick tonight. Maybe more.
I hope this doesn't become a stupid score. I've got a lot of love for Sociedad because the first season of La Liga I watched was the one when they finished 2nd.
Reply 43
That was a nicely worked goal. 4-1, Pedro scores.
Reply 44
Messi on a hattrick already. :coma:
Reply 45
Good stuff so far. Real dropping 2 points (should have been 3). Messi to get his hat trick, Villa to get on the pitch and Falcao to bag a few later and i'll be pretty pleased with this opening round of games.
Reply 46
Time for David Villa... :smile:
Reply 47
Gago on Marca TV. Journo: "What did you think of Real Madrid today?" Gago: "I thought Valencia were really good." :tongue:
El Guage is back !
Reply 49
Nice goal from Villa on his return! Great from Iniesta.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Top of the table. :love:

Hopefully we can stay there till the end of the season.
Reply 51
Awful start for Atleti, 1-0 down already. Been all Levante in the first 5 minutes.
Reply 52
Interesting results, gotta watch the highlights of the matches. valencia was always a tough opener tbf compared to real sociedad. Speaking of that, I think real sociedad will make top 10 and possibly go above bilbao, call me crazy but potentially losing martinez and llorente their two best players will affect them badly.

I hadn't even realised they got jose angel, was he loaned out or did they buy him? Nice to see young basque players like javi ros and ruben pardo on the bench too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Great result for Tito and Barca :smile:
Not a Barca fan but good to see Villa back - its never good having class players missing.

Woeful start for Athletic, losing 5-3 at the San Mames. :colonhash:
Original post by jam277
Interesting results, gotta watch the highlights of the matches. valencia was always a tough opener tbf compared to real sociedad. Speaking of that, I think real sociedad will make top 10 and possibly go above bilbao, call me crazy but potentially losing martinez and llorente their two best players will affect them badly.

I hadn't even realised they got jose angel, was he loaned out or did they buy him? Nice to see young basque players like javi ros and ruben pardo on the bench too.

Madrid dropping any points at home to anyone other than Barca is a nightmare for them. I think they only dropped 5 points at home all last season. They're having to catch up already and know that any more dropped points and they're already 2 games down.

Sociedad aren't good enough for the top 10, and they loaned Angel.
Reply 56
Original post by CB91
Madrid dropping any points at home to anyone other than Barca is a nightmare for them. I think they only dropped 5 points at home all last season. They're having to catch up already and know that any more dropped points and they're already 2 games down.

Sociedad aren't good enough for the top 10, and they loaned Angel.

Tbf they were only a few points away from top 10, the league being as it is means that they are only a few points away from each other. They were only 2 points away from bilbao last season too who came 10th(bilbao had trouble with the extra europa league games and it'll be a problem again this season) they were 10 points away from 4th(they obviously won't get 4th) although they don't look good enough, levante came 6th and were 4th for long periods of the season with a much weaker team than atletico, malaga, valencia, sevilla
(who were terrible although villareal outdone them for being utter dog crap for a season with a good squad)
Top 10 for real sociedad isn't impossible, even with their weak squad.

Madrid had a poor start to the last season tbf, had a loss and draw in their first 5 games of the season. Won't be surprised if they just go on that run of 3-0 victories until the barca match.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
Messi looks like he's benefited from a rest, then. :holmes: Good to see Villa return in style. :yep:

How did Bilbao lose like that? :eek:
Swiss Rambler blog on Atletico's finances - its very long and detailed, but you can garner a lot from just looking at the graphs.

Main points ~ They're €514m in debt, with revenue of only €100m or so. And the TV deal doesn't help them, though we all know this.
Reply 59
Atléti are so badly run. Between the debts and the farcical leadership of Marín and Cerezo, it's a miracle they do so well.

Latest