The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Brilliant quote in the article by Bayern's president.

“This is unthinkable. We pay them hundreds of millions to get them out the **** and then the clubs don’t pay their debts.”
Reply 61
I know this is a long shot considering Everton-Utd are playing too, but is anyone watching Rayo vs Granada? Rayo Ultras trying to make a point by not sitting behind the goal and having a big banner saying "No al Futbol Los Lunes" and then bringing a couple more banners saying Mondays are for everything else but football.

Something tells me they don't like these Monday games...

Reply 62
Just realised Song went to Barca :facepalm2:
Reply 63
Original post by S-man10
Just realised Song went to Barca :facepalm2:

What's wrong with that, replaces keita and can play CB.
Reply 64
Original post by jam277
What's wrong with that, replaces keita and can play CB.

That was more of me finding about about it this late rather anything about him being a bad signing :fyi:
Reply 65
Is Spain no longer in Europe? :holmes:
Original post by R-KAM

Needs its own thread to be honest. Otherwise the other thread gets cluttered.
Reply 67
Original post by ra-ra-ra
I know this is a long shot considering Everton-Utd are playing too, but is anyone watching Rayo vs Granada? Rayo Ultras trying to make a point by not sitting behind the goal and having a big banner saying "No al Futbol Los Lunes" and then bringing a couple more banners saying Mondays are for everything else but football.

Something tells me they don't like these Monday games...

i feel 4 these Spanish teams if you aren't Real or Barca you simply aren't getting a fair share of revenue or football scheduling. i watched the Real game on sky where they said they announced a deal with La Liga allowing them to show all Barca and Real games. Seriously what about other clubs.
Spot the difference:

Reply 69
Why did the edit the plates? :holmes:
Original post by S-man10
Why did the edit the plates? :holmes:

To say they spotted Modric in Madrid. Pic is from 2010.

You gotta love Marca. :rofl2:
Reply 71
Original post by johnharris19944
Needs its own thread to be honest. Otherwise the other thread gets cluttered.

Tbh I preferred reading it all in one place
Reply 72
Original post by R-KAM

We've decided that it's not. :fuhrer:

Explained here.
:tongue:
Anzhi are rumoured to have offered €68m for Falcao. Atletico would have little choice but to accept that offer, given their financial plight.
Original post by Kevmeister
Anzhi are rumoured to have offered €68m for Falcao. Atletico would have little choice but to accept that offer, given their financial plight.

I don't see how anyone can turn that offer down, regardless of a club's financial situation.

Surely they could get him for much cheaper. Looks like they are just flaunting their money to me.
Reply 75
Original post by Kevmeister

Hope to god that is not true. Would hate to see that, Falcao is too good to be playing in Russia :cry:
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't see how anyone can turn that offer down, regardless of a club's financial situation.

Surely they could get him for much cheaper. Looks like they are just flaunting their money to me.

Well, Barca, Real, Chelsea, City and most teams with a benefactor could turn down any offer for their players.

He cost about €40m last summer and has improved since then, so while they could get him cheaper it wouldn't be much cheaper.

Original post by The Baron
Hope to god that is not true. Would hate to see that, Falcao is too good to be playing in Russia :cry:

Agreed.
Reply 77
I'm really into La Liga. I'm excited for it more than ever this season as I've just been to Spain and did stadium tours of the Camp Nou, the Bernabeu and the Vincente Calderon.

Just echo some of the previous comments. The money gap between the top two and the rest is simply enormous. It was a shame that Malaga's owners seemed to lose interest, they could have been Spain's Manchester City.

Jordi Alba could be bargain of the Summer. It will be interesting to see how Modric does also.
As much as hes a **** its true.

185174_412522222140032_1531028698_n.jpg
Reply 79
Original post by johnharris19944
As much as hes a **** its true.

185174_412522222140032_1531028698_n.jpg

He's one of the best in his position....if not the best tbh.

Latest