The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Neville gets his first league victory in ten attempts. The were fortunate that Espanyol were poor at finishing and made more chances than Valencia.
Great turnaround for Neville. He'll be there until the end of the season regardless, but it's good he's broken his duck sooner rather than later. I feared the worst when Espanyol took the lead.
A positive sign they came back from a goal down to win but heard they had some nervy moments. Good move to bring back Pako Ayesteran (assistant under Benitez's time at the club) but don't forsee this will spark a run of form to get them up the table though.
I am Spanish, proud of the best and most exciting league in the world, AUPA ATLETI!!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jb1997
I am Spanish, proud of the best and most exiting league in the world, AUPA ATLETI!!!!!

Most exciting league, yet Barca are pretty much guaranteed winners...
Original post by Mackay
Great turnaround for Neville. He'll be there until the end of the season regardless, but it's good he's broken his duck sooner rather than later. I feared the worst when Espanyol took the lead.

I think it was more later, rather than sooner tbh
Original post by Manchester United
I think it was more later, rather than sooner tbh

Meant post-Barca drubbing.
that penalty earlier :lol:

Messi misses a penalty but assists? :rofl:
Ridiculous penalty lol
Don't know why you'd pull that penalty out in a game that's already won. Surely it's better to save for a tight game. Although, I suppose it's very difficult to defend.

And that's the worst celebration ever by Rakitic.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Don't know why you'd pull that penalty out in a game that's already won. Surely it's better to save for a tight game. Although, I suppose it's very difficult to defend.

And that's the worst celebration ever by Rakitic.
Imagine the *******ing you'd get if you ****ed it up. Enrique looked momentarily pissed as it was.
bit of payback now being done by Barcelona :eek:
Original post by Nickini
Imagine the *******ing you'd get if you ****ed it up. Enrique looked momentarily pissed as it was.

:lol: Yes he did. To be fair, I had no idea what Messi had done to begin with. I thought he'd slipped and completely mishit the ball
Should have known something ridiculous was going to happen there was no way Suarez was not gonna be getting that Hat trick :lol:
Doing that in a La Liga game takes b*llocks. We are getting destroyed by Barca in a weeks time. Should just forfeit the tie and save ourselves the embarrassment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's good, but could they do at on a sunny afternoon at Highbury? Doubt it.
La Liga and CL totals

Suarez: 27 starts, 28 goals, 10 assists
Neymar: 25 starts, 19 goals, 12 assists
Messi: 19 starts, 16 goals, 8 assists
Bloody hell! Celta are Barca's bogey team, Lucho has lost only 9 times as Barca boss and the most have come against them (2 times).

After the first half, I thought it was going to be a struggle for them but they were just incredible. The play, goals and assists were just phenomenal! That penalty?!

Big game with Sporting midweek to open up a potential 6 point gap.
Are we gonna act like Torres didn't keep Atléti in the title hunt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyToSuccess
Are we gonna act like Torres didn't keep Atléti in the title hunt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are we gonna act like there is even a title race

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest