The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who do we think will win the La Liga this year? Remember it was close last year but Barca have improved their squad, especially with Villa being back.

However will they see the same success with Vilanova??
Reply 2
Barçelona will win. Madrid will be second by a point or two.
It depends i think there wont be too much transition between Guardiola and Tito but the bigger question is, Will we suffer the injury bug like last season because if so were in deep trouble. Villa out for pretty much the whole season, Iniesta on and off injuries causing him to not be what he usually was, Pique was getting injured easily (I blame Shakira), Affellay like Villa, Xavi getting injuries, Fabregas as well, Pedro got injured for quite some time as well resulting in us needing to promote Cuenca and Tello. Sanchez started off injured. Only dependable people were Messi, Alves and Valdes to not get injured. Oh there was Abidal as well but that was not his fault no one predicted he would become severely ill again.
Reply 4
As a fan of Los Blancos, and of The One, I can't see Madrid not winning the league this season. It will be close but, I think Madrid will snatch it. I'm waiting for the first clasico to positively make up my mind.
I don't know about the transition of managers at Barca. I'd edge towards Real.

I'm pleased to see Celta Vigo back in La Liga and Deportivo, although they weren't away for so long.
Tonight doesn't seem too interesting, will probably go for a jog and catch the last game or something.
Reply 7
Real madrid to win it. Although it'll go down to the wire like it has the past 3 seasons with the el clasicos deciding it. Madrid to get more goals and barca to concede the least goals.
I think Real Madrid are set to win everything this year. They're the best team in Europe. I think Barcelona will give them a great race but they need more than Messi. Sanchez, Pedro, Fabregas and Villa are all going to have to step up.

I can't wait for the Pichichi battle to get under way again. I think it's right that Ronaldo is the favourite again.

I'm predicting Ronaldo and Messi to get a combined total of at least 110 goals this year in the La Liga. That's assuming Vilanova keeps Mess in the CF role.

Can't wait!!!
Reply 9
this league is getting less and less competitive every year i thought malaga could challenge this season but thats turned out to be a failure. in the premier league any team cold nick a point off u but in this league bar barca and real who can challenge them relegated villareal, a ever weakening sevilla, an athletivo madrid who have issues with managers and owners or a valencia which dissapoints all the time.
Reply 10
Malaga's Fabrice Olinga became the youngest player ever to score in Spain's top division today. Just 16 years & 98 days old. Not bad, eh? It won the match for Malaga too, 1-0 vs Celta Vigo.
Reply 11
Original post by destined1
this league is getting less and less competitive every year i thought malaga could challenge this season but thats turned out to be a failure. in the premier league any team cold nick a point off u but in this league bar barca and real who can challenge them relegated villareal, a ever weakening sevilla, an athletivo madrid who have issues with managers and owners or a valencia which dissapoints all the time.

Villarreal - two r's.
Atletico Madrid - no h.

:facepalm:
Reply 12
Original post by Manchester United
I think Real Madrid are set to win everything this year. They're the best team in Europe. I think Barcelona will give them a great race but they need more than Messi. Sanchez, Pedro, Fabregas and Villa are all going to have to step up.

I can't wait for the Pichichi battle to get under way again. I think it's right that Ronaldo is the favourite again.

I'm predicting Ronaldo and Messi to get a combined total of at least 110 goals this year in the La Liga. That's assuming Vilanova keeps Mess in the CF role.

Can't wait!!!

Didn't messi win it last season, messi to get the pichichi again tbh, the team is so set up on him scoring that it'll take an injury for him to lose it. Real madrid have been less reliant on ronaldo the past season tbh, the season before ronaldo constantly needed to step up but benzema and higuain took the load off him, ozil created loads for all the forwards too.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Villarreal - two r's.
Atletico Madrid - no h.

:facepalm:

:lol: Their Atletico Madrid is the greatest spelling I've ever seen. It's a cross between Atletico, Athletic and Deportivo. It's priceless.
Original post by jam277
Didn't messi win it last season, messi to get the pichichi again tbh, the team is so set up on him scoring that it'll take an injury for him to lose it. Real madrid have been less reliant on ronaldo the past season tbh, the season before ronaldo constantly needed to step up but benzema and higuain took the load off him, ozil created loads for all the forwards too.

Yeah I agree that Barcelona are set up for Messi to score, whereas Real Madrid are set up for the team (Benzema and Higuain, as well as Ronaldo) to score. Over the last two seasons, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Messi in the La-Liga. I think Ronaldo would've scored more goals than Messi last season, had it not been for his poor free-kicks. I think his free-kicks will be much better this year and that's why I think Ronaldo will edge it.
Reply 15
Original post by Manchester United
Yeah I agree that Barcelona are set up for Messi to score, whereas Real Madrid are set up for the team (Benzema and Higuain, as well as Ronaldo) to score. Over the last two seasons, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Messi in the La-Liga. I think Ronaldo would've scored more goals than Messi last season, had it not been for his poor free-kicks. I think his free-kicks will be much better this year and that's why I think Ronaldo will edge it.

Yeah he needs to stop hitting the wall with those free kicks or just let alonso/ozil take it for him to header it home. It's gonna be tight again, I think one will get the pichichi while the other will get golden boot in champions league. The only thing is that I can see them resting ronaldo in CL games if they have an easy group like they got last year(then again every group is easy for real madrid considering the best possible second seed at the moment bar manchester city is probably porto)

Pichichi for messi. Anyway haven't watched any spanish football tonight, heard malaga were winning 1-0.

Also someone should make an italian football thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Also someone should make an italian football thread.

There is one, I think.

Here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2088351
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17

Thanks man.
This Mallorca/Espanyol match is brilliant.

6 minutes gone and it's 1-1.
Reply 19
Hoping Atletico can push on and secure CL football. Falcao to continue banging them in too.

Want Barca to win the league but I can't call it.

Latest