The Student Room Group

DVLA computer and telephony Test

Any ideas guys? I have a "test" with the DVLA next thursday to work in their call centre. They said its a telephony and computer test and google tells me that you sit at a computer with a telephone and members of the training staff at the DVLA "call you" and you treat them as a customer correctly answering their queries and doing the appropriate work to follow on the computer.
Problem is, they gave no signs of giving me any training before hand?
any idea how the hell I know what to do? :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have the same thing on Saturday! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.. Post back on Thursday to let us know how it went :P
Reply 2
Ive got the same thing a week today aswell so yeah let us know how it goes haha
Reply 3
If we all get the jobs, it's Wind Street!
Reply 4
Before you start the telephone call, you should be told/given a script to work from

I had an interview at a sky call centre couple of months ago and I had a similar situation where the interviewer phoned as a customers and I had to answer her question from the script/pointers they had provided

Shouldn't be too hard make use of all the info you have in front of you

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 5
Original post by NewboyNicky
If we all get the jobs, it's Wind Street!

haha definately mate, not a massive fan of the whole call centre thing but at least its not selling anythin would do my head in but need to start earning proper money after uni haha
Reply 6
I have a test on the 1st September. I was told a computer and telephony test, but I'm not entirely sure what the test involves.
Reply 7
Guys help!! I am going to this test tomorrow but just looked for the email and it's gone!! Can you tell me where it is I have to go?? I know it's Swansea vale but can't remember the exact address!!

Stressing out!!
Reply 8
the richard ley development centre sa7 0an

its pretty easy to fund
Reply 9
Thank you! :smile:
Just an update, I passed the phone test, was weird haha. Went on to the interview, also weird, but yeah, wasn't too bad!
Reply 11
Yeah same here mate, found it all fine never done that sort of work before thought I'd find it weird but was all good.

Can you remember when they said we'd hear back?
Not a clue pal, hope it's soon though, it's been three weeks Haha
Reply 13
haha yeah tell me about it, i suppose no news is good news haha
Even if we don't get the job, they should still let us know, shouldn't they?
Reply 15
I got a letter today saying I was a reserve candidate and have been placed on a waiting list..dunno about you lot?
Reply 16
I got my letter this morning saying that I too was a reserve candidate and have been put on a waiting list. It isn't a job offer, so don't get excited. They will take on the ones who scored higher than 10 in the overall merit score (you would have received a feedback sheet with the notification letter advising you of your overall score), and then they will start looking at the rest of us.
They haven't done any employment/reference or CRB checks at this stage, they will only do this if they actually offer us a job, and even then, the job offer will be dependant on successful screening.
It seems like a lot of fuss considering the recruitment process we've all been through.
1. apply for job 2. interview 3. outcome 4. start job?
If only it were that simple?
Fingers crossed for you all :wink:
Reply 17
I also got a letter... seems as though everyone who passed the phone test and had an interview has been put on the 'merit list' - how many points did you all get?
Reply 18
I scored 5 4 and 3 so 12 in total, had a phonecall today asking questions, then got offered the job starting on 15th of october
Reply 19
what did you guys get? any job offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending