The Student Room Group

BMAT explanation of problem

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Doppel
Which results?

i believe your GCSE results! wat are they btw!
Reply 61
Oh. I don't live in the UK so I haven't done GCSEs. Sorry for the anti-climactic answer.

EDIT: Did you see my answer to q18?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
oh man yeah! thanks that was helpful dude! but frankly i think both mine which takes a different angle in finding the answer and yours are quite similar! are you an international student? if so whre are u applying from? i am int'l student too!
Reply 63
Original post by Doppel
Which results?

Ah I meant AS or A levels, GCSEs you know these.
and are you a reapplicant?
Reply 64
Original post by sherazhar
oh man yeah! thanks that was helpful dude! but frankly i think both mine which takes a different angle in finding the answer and yours are quite similar! are you an international student? if so whre are u applying from? i am int'l student too!

Hi sherazar! are you a re-applicant?
i would like to know about your results as well! you know GCSEs or A levels.
Reply 65
Original post by tim3
Hi sherazar! are you a re-applicant?
i would like to know about your results as well! you know GCSEs or A levels.

no i am not a reapplicant! i got 9A*s in CIE O Levels and predicted 5A*s and 1A ! wat about ya?
Reply 66

Wait sorry, I just realised that I wrote down the wrong thing, so I was lucky to get an answer of 8 (quite the coincidence) and a=1 doesn't make sense in this context so I'm going to redo it.

As I said earlier, 3b=6a+c+2. But I accidentally wrote down that 2b=c when it is supposed to be b=2c, which we won't use for the first calculations. Instead, we should use an equation for the nitrogen which would be b=2a+2.

Inserting the above into the first equation, we get 3(2a+2)=6a+c+2. This can be rewritten as 6a+6=6a+c+2 and thus 6=c+2 --> c=4. Now, if we plug that into b=2c, we get b=8. Much better!

I'm not an international student, I live in Sweden and am therefore an EU student.
Reply 67
Original post by Doppel
Wait sorry, I just realised that I wrote down the wrong thing, so I was lucky to get an answer of 8 (quite the coincidence) and a=1 doesn't make sense in this context so I'm going to redo it.

As I said earlier, 3b=6a+c+2. But I accidentally wrote down that 2b=c when it is supposed to be b=2c, which we won't use for the first calculations. Instead, we should use an equation for the nitrogen which would be b=2a+2.

Inserting the above into the first equation, we get 3(2a+2)=6a+c+2. This can be rewritten as 6a+6=6a+c+2 and thus 6=c+2 --> c=4. Now, if we plug that into b=2c, we get b=8. Much better!

I'm not an international student, I live in Sweden and am therefore an EU student.

ya i got it! i didnt want to point it out since you are like the genius buddy! anyways you have like become my tutor for the past few days! i really owe you! you seem like a wonderful person! u on FB?
Reply 68
ya i got it! i didnt want to point it out since you are like the genius buddy! anyways you have like become my tutor for the past few days! i really owe you! you seem like a wonderful person! u on FB?

I used to be, but then I realized what a piece of crap that website really is so I deleted my account. I feel like we're going too off-topic. You can PM me if you have more personal questions though!
Reply 69
Original post by tim3
Ah I meant AS or A levels, GCSEs you know these.
and are you a reapplicant?

No, I'm not a reapplicant. Technically, I'm on a gap year.
Reply 70
no i am not a reapplicant! i got 9A*s in CIE O Levels and predicted 5A*s and 1A ! wat about ya?

Well bud, Congratulations for you Brilliant results!! really.
Well I am not that intelligent at all, infact no where near you.
i got 5 A* 3A 1 B in CIE Olevels
AAAA at CIE Alevels,
I really hope you get your A*s and A s at the Alevels,
congrats again.
I am visiting this thread bcs I am learning too :biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by Doppel
No, I'm not a reapplicant. Technically, I'm on a gap year.

i am on gap year as well :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Doppel
I used to be, but then I realized what a piece of crap that website really is so I deleted my account. I feel like we're going too off-topic. You can PM me if you have more personal questions though!

Sure man!
Reply 73
Original post by tim3
i am not gap year as well :biggrin:

thanks dude! your results are amazing too! so where are you from? u applying to cambridge too?
Reply 74
thanks dude! your results are amazing too! so where are you from? u applying to cambridge too?

Oh stop you............you know thay arent :tongue:
I did apply like an idiot, I am not competent enough.
But I hope both of you get in really.....and sherazar you must be friggin rich buddy :biggrin:
its good that its spent on education.
Anyways anymore BMAT probs???? i am thinking of just giving it :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by tim3
But I hope both of you get in really.....and sherazar you must be friggin rich buddy :biggrin:

No i am serious! just be confident remember you have 8A's which is like a dream for most of the people! FYI i am not that rich dude but my dad can somehow afford to pay it, he just doesn't want me 2 think about the finance but he wants me to somehow get in2 a good uni! and i am quite sure you are gonna be competitor for quite a number of people trust me!
Reply 76
Original post by tim3

and remember BMAT is like a god-given chance for you! outshine yourself and you are guaranteed a good place! practice well! i am dying here too and its very hard to find a little time to spend on BMAT because of school and other works :frown:
Reply 77
and remember BMAT is like a god-given chance for you! outshine yourself and you are guaranteed a good place! practice well! i am dying here too and its very hard to find a little time to spend on BMAT because of school and other works :frown:

I would advice you to apply to Cambridge if u can afford it, but u can also apply to Oxford as well but u need extremely high BMAT scores for that.
with Cambridge if u get above 6 i think u will be guaranteed an interview :biggrin:!!!
Since you need to make the decision before applying to either of these institution you should make it carefully.
If you are sitting for the UKCAT, ah well you have lots of choices :biggrin:.
But if you are not then Bristol, Birmingham and Imperial may be really good for you :biggrin:. You should keep University of Plymouth medial school too! their tuition fees would be really easy for your father.
Btw sherazar it was very nice talking to you. Do you live in pakistan btw?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by tim3
I would advice you to apply to Cambridge if u can afford it, but u can also apply to Oxford as well but u need extremely high BMAT scores for that.
with Cambridge if u get above 6 i think u will be guaranteed an interview :biggrin:!!!
Since you need to make the decision before applying to either of these institution you should make it carefully.
If you are sitting for the UKCAT, ah well you have lots of choices :biggrin:.
But if you are not then Bristol, Birmingham and Imperial may be really good for you :biggrin:. You should keep University of Plymouth medial school too! their tuition fees would be really easy for your father.
Btw sherazar it was very nice talking to you. Do you live in pakistan btw?

Oops no i am from Sri Lanka! i have already applied to Cambridge Imperial Birmingham and Edinburgh.I will be interviewed in Singapore next month ,well only if i am shortlisted for interview~!
Reply 79
Oops no i am from Sri Lanka! i have already applied to Cambridge Imperial Birmingham and Edinburgh.I will be interviewed in Singapore next month ,well only if i am shortlisted for interview~!

hey its not a problem at all!!!!!!
You have good results :biggrin:
I hope you get into one of them ....all four of them are AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending