The Student Room Group

AS result plus university choice!

Hey guys, I really need your help in this situation. I got my results on thursday and i did ok in them, i got a B for sociology, a B for history and a U for geography :/ luckily for me it was a high U and im allowed to carry on with it for A2. I dont know what happened but many people in our school didnt do well for geog and they are all getting remarked. I want to apply to Newcastle for Sociology and the entry requirement is BBB i think i can get this because i think my U for geography is wrong and hopefully goes up. Do you think i should still apply to Newcastle as im worried that i might not get the offer? please guys i really need your help! :smile:
Reply 1
also my predicted grade for Geog wan an A, for socio my predicted grade was an A and for history a B. Would the predicted grades help me get an offer?
Reply 2
Your predicted grades should help if in your reference your teacher gives a justified reason for them, usually your predicted grade is only one grade higher than your AS grade in that subject. Good luck with the remark.
Congratulations on getting two Bs. :smile:

Depending on whether the remark goes well, you should be able to apply for Newcastle without a doubt. I guess if the remark gives you an AS grade of C or higher, then a B for the entire A-level is within easy reach.
However, if the remark doesn't go according to plan, I would suggest resitting the papers. This will be easier because once you begin A2 and resit an AS paper, you realise how much easier the AS papers were in comparison.

Good luck with your decision. (:
You get 5 choices. If one rejects you, it is not the end of the world as long as you have solid back-ups. I would say go for it.
Reply 5
Seems like your remark will bring a positive outcome, so you have nothing to worry about! :smile:
Reply 6
thanks for your help guys! :smile: yh im going to remark and also resit geography, luckly i got a predicted grade a for geog and that can still give me an offer :P i seriously do not know what happened to the geog exam it was the one i was most confident in as ive been getting As for my past papers in school, hopefully my grade will go up! but once again thanks for your help and how did you guys do in your exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending