The Student Room Group

What time does uni typically start and finish as I'm travelling there everyday

Hi,

What time does uni typically start and finish as I'm travelling there everyday?

Thanks
It completely depends on your course and university. This isn't school anymore!
Reply 2
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
It completely depends on your course and university. This isn't school anymore!

this
Reply 3
What time does Uni start and finish lol.

Some of these threads have to be a joke?
It really depends on your course and university timetable structure.

Where I attend the day starts at 9am and can finish as late as 8pm, but I have only come across a couple of people who have a seminar that late. The latest I finished was 6pm once a week, and started between 9-11am. It varies quite a lot since your seminars and lectures are spread out over the week.
Reply 5
Original post by Workforce
What time does Uni start and finish lol.

Some of these threads have to be a joke?

Original post by gavineoz
this

I Wanted to know for train times, I know it's no like school, figured that one out for myself, just wanted to know the earliest time incase I had to catch an earlier train than I was expecting.
Reply 6
my god you are old OP
Reply 7
I don't ever remember my lectures running on past 4/4.30 and none ever started before 9am.
Welll the earliest timetable slot is usually 9 in the morning, (could be earlier for certain unis/certain courses) latest between 6-8pm. At Southampton it was 9-6, but my labs often overran until 7 or even 8.
It'll depend on your course, you might be in 9-5 day and only 1-2 the next.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by gerrard1892
Hi,

What time does uni typically start and finish as I'm travelling there everyday?

Thanks

as others have said, it totally depends on your course. You won't have anything earlier than 9am (although some dentists and vets started at 8am sometimes) and generally won't have anything later than 5pm/6pm.

Also, unless you're a postgrad, you won't have anything after 1pm on a wednesday.
Depends on your course, and it's likely to change alot between days and weeks too
Last year I had days like 10-12, 9-1, 9-11, 1-2, 9-5, 3-6, all sorts of crazy days
At my uni earliest was 9am and my latest finish was 7pm but some I think went onto 8

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
doesn't matter, you'll always wish you had that extra hour in bed in the morning

Quick Reply

Latest