The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bailrigg FM, calling all music enthusiasts!!

Bailrigg FM is set to host two live music nights during freshers week. Saturday and Sunday will see two of the college bars play venue to ravey and acoustic nights respectively. This is where you come in. We have chosen to open up Sunday night to anyone, and we are hoping to entice freshers along to start their university music career in style.

Bailrigg FM is Lancaster University's very own radio station. With an ofcom licence giving us the ability to broadcast live since 1969, we are one of the oldest running student radio stations in the country. Run by a over 20 volunteering students, elected yearly by the rest of the members to form what is known as the Management Committee, Bailrigg FM provides news and entertainment across the University's campus (known as Bailrigg) to staff and students on 87.7 FM. It is one of only a handful of student radio stations in the UK to broadcast non-stop on FM.

Bailrigg FM is open to any Lancaster University student to get involved and opens up many different paths for its members. We are always looking for help with presenting shows, offline & online producing and audio engineering.

Find out more at bailriggfm.co.uk or feel free to ask here!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jay

Bailrigg FM Webmaster
We will also be outside LUSU in Edward Robert's Court everyday in fresher's week - so if you want to 'try before you buy', feel free to come on down!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I have experience with university radio, nearly 3 years worth. Including 1 year as Social Secretary. Would I be welcome?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by writeratheart1990
I have experience with university radio, nearly 3 years worth. Including 1 year as Social Secretary. Would I be welcome?

Of course you would be welcome. Assuming you are to become a student here at Lancaster Uni?

Fingers crossed, money permitting yes, :smile: I do enjoy it.

Reply 5
Original post by writeratheart1990
Fingers crossed, money permitting yes, :smile: I do enjoy it.

thats good, well get in touch with us in freshers week. we will around campus all week looking to get people involved. its always nice to have more experienced people for some of the more important events and to aid with the training of the less experienced members

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending