The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You'll have to call uni's X and Y to see if you can withdraw.
Then call uni Z.
Dont know if you can go through clearing twice, though I wouldn't be surprised if you could.
Its worth seeing if uni Z has spaces before withdrawing from X and Y.
Would Unis generally lower their entry requirements?

How many choices do I get on Clearing or do I just get the one?
Reply 3
The thing is, you wouldn't "go through Clearing again". You'll get your copy of The Independent newspaper, and you can contact as many unis in there as you like. If they don't want you, they'll tell you pretty much straight away. If they ask for your Clearing Entry Form, then it's pretty certain that they're gonna accept you. You cna only give one uni your Clearing Entry Form, but you can enquire at as many unis as you like.

If X and Y don't have space in Clearing, then you can't go there. But you should be able to see this before you decide to go through Clearing.
So... would I be able to go to the Uni that I'm accepted to whether that's my firm or insurance choice, and still enquire to University Z and ask them if there is a place? If they do, I can ask the University whether that's X or Y come September time to "release" me?

Sorry to ask so many questions hehe!:p:
Reply 5
Well, if you want to go to Z then why didn't you apply there in the first place?! Tecnically you probably could, but the releasing (especially since you'll need to be released from 2 if you get into your firm) may take too long and thus all the spaces will have gone. It won't be there priority, so it can take a few weeks.

Don't put down a uni as your firm/insurance if you don't want to go there. If you're not sure, do a lot more reseasrch.
I got rejected from University Z back in January.. so I'm desperately finding ways of going into that University...

Latest

Trending

Trending