The Student Room Group

Help - remark advice

I just got my grades from my A levels and have found out that I have been accepted in St Andrews university. :biggrin:. The only thing is, I am 1 or 2 marks off the A* grade for biology, and considering getting it remarked. If I do apply to get it remarked, do I have to tell the university, or does it not make any difference now I have the unconditional place? I am not too fussed about going up a grade, as I have the place but if it is easy to do I may as well try.

Thanks,
Ed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by eddie311094
I just got my grades from my A levels and have found out that I have been accepted in St Andrews university. :biggrin:. The only thing is, I am 1 or 2 marks off the A* grade for biology, and considering getting it remarked. If I do apply to get it remarked, do I have to tell the university, or does it not make any difference now I have the unconditional place? I am not too fussed about going up a grade, as I have the place but if it is easy to do I may as well try.

Thanks,
Ed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Tell them. It won't make any difference, but it's doing the right thing. If you were to drop a grade from the remark, you would most likely lose your place, but although marks do go down as well as up, you have more than enough margin for error not to be worried about that. Then again, you could save the £50 and put it towards having a better freshers' week, as you won't give a damn about A levels by the end of it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending