The Student Room Group

University of Hull or Aberystwyth?

Hi, I have an offer from Hull and am hoping for one from aberyst.... both to study Physics with a foundation year, the foundation year at aberystwyth seems to be better, as well as the prettynessness of the town ect. Though I havnt visited yet and dont really know a great deal.

I have visited Hull however and it seems alright, accomidation seems nice and seems quite a decent uni.

I have till tomorrow at 5 to accept/decline Hulls offer, anybody got any suggestions/recommendations/advice and all that stuff?

Im looking to probably transfer to a different university after the foundation year.
Also I have not got an actual offer from aberystwyth just an email saying"It sounds like you would be very well-suited to the foundation year and I will consult with my colleagues to see if you will be able to enter in this years cohort." Though if it falls throughh im left with no options :|

Sorry about all the wordss

Tarrr:smile:
Reply 1
I'm doing a physics course, I managed to get into Leeds for this September but I applied for Aberystwyth and got an offer too, at first I liked it but I couldn't see myself living in such a quiet place, for me I need a city and somewhere lively so I declined their offer and didn't have an insurance choice. I don't know about hull so if you're torn between the unis then look at the areas and decide where you'd rather live for three or potentially four years

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Ah right :smile: i'm abit of a country folk so i guess my opinion may differ, did you have a look round? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah yeah I went and saw Aberystwyth and the beach was nice, it was just after seeing all the other unis that I preferred the social aspect of them which is partly why I fell in love with leeds. But having said that Aberystwyth has a really high student satisfaction rate so they can't be all bad

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My brother's going to aber this sept for history. Look waayyy nicer as a place than hull, which my friend's sister goes to. Depends which is more important to you - Definitely having a place somewhere, in which case go to hull, or making sure that the place you go to is really what you want and you'll get your money's worth - in which case reject hull, hope for aber, and if you don't get it then wait a year?
Aberystwyth is awesome. If you have questions, ask me and I will reply quite quick (within half hour)
Reply 6
Hey, I'm from Hull and if I didn't live here I reckon I'd consider coming here! The campus itself is really nice looking (in my opinion :tongue:) and the halls are in really nice locations! Plus the student union is realllly good, I think it's won best student union a few times actually! any questions feel free to ask :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending