The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Moonraker Point

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katjuschka
Hi Frankie,

As the size of the beds in the ensuite rooms was already discussed, could you tell me the size of the beds in the studios?

Also I wondered if there were irons provided in the rooms or in the launderette.

Thanks for the help, it is quite difficult to find information on the Moonraker Point features!!

Hi Katjuschka,

Thanks for your message.

All the studios at Moonraker Point have double beds in them, and each flat will have its own iron and ironing board.

If you have any other questions just send me a message.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi Frankie

For my term-time address (because I've been allocated to flat 165, room B, block C), should I give this (see below) or should I write it differently?

ADDRESS LINE 1: 61-63 Great Suffolk Street
ADDRESS LINE 2: Flat 165, Room B, Moonraker Point
ADDRESS LINE 3: London
ADDRESS LINE 4: UK
POSTCODE: SE1 0BU

Also, is 61-63 Great Suffolk Street even the right address because I've seen instances in letters from Moonraker Point where Pocock Street has been used as the road name instead :confused:

I'm not used to writing flat/apartment addresses and I need to for King's College London enrolment :s-smilie:

Thanks

Bish
Original post by Guz2
Hi there, I was just wondering whether desk lamps are included with the room or whether we will have to provide our own?

Thanks.

Hi Guz2,

Thanks for your message, we are just finalising the rooms at Moonraker Point so I’ll need to get back to you about desk lamps.

I’ll send you a message as soon as I can confirm.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Original post by Biswajit.deb
Hi Frankie

For my term-time address (because I've been allocated to flat 165, room B, block C), should I give this (see below) or should I write it differently?

ADDRESS LINE 1: 61-63 Great Suffolk Street
ADDRESS LINE 2: Flat 165, Room B, Moonraker Point
ADDRESS LINE 3: London
ADDRESS LINE 4: UK
POSTCODE: SE1 0BU

Also, is 61-63 Great Suffolk Street even the right address because I've seen instances in letters from Moonraker Point where Pocock Street has been used as the road name instead :confused:

I'm not used to writing flat/apartment addresses and I need to for King's College London enrolment :s-smilie:

Thanks

Bish

Hi Bish,

Thanks for your message.

Your address while living at Moonraker Point will be:

Your name
Your flat and room number
Moonraker Point
Pocock Street
London
SE1 0FN

This is the address you should use for all your post and correspondence.

Moonraker Point is at 61-63 Great Suffolk Street but post is delivered to the entrance on Pocock Street, using this address should ensure your deliveries arrive smoothly.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 24
Original post by Mintforest
Hi I'm an international student staying in moonraker as well~ just wondering will pillows and duvet be provided? I'm in the process of packing and If those are provided I won't waste my luggage space on that~

pillows and duvets aren't provided no :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Hi Frankie, I completed the booking form and it emailed it last Monday but I need to change the bank details I put on there for future payments. Who do I contact to do this because the UNITE contact number I was given said they couldn't do this?
Esme
Original post by nuage
pillows and duvets aren't provided no :s-smilie:

Hi nuage,

We don’t provide bedding I’m afraid, you’ll need to bring it with you, or buy it when you arrive.

We do offer arrival packs, which can take the hassle out of moving for you as we will provide the essentials for you, you can find out more about our arrival packs here: https://www.unite-students.com/unite-stage2/static/arrival-packs.page?

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Original post by janet827
Hi Frankie, I completed the booking form and it emailed it last Monday but I need to change the bank details I put on there for future payments. Who do I contact to do this because the UNITE contact number I was given said they couldn't do this?
Esme

Hi Esme,

Thanks for your message.

You’ll need to give our accounts team a call, their number is 0800 783 4213. They’ll be able to update your details for you no problem.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 28
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi all,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE, you can always message me on here if you need any help or information about Moonraker Point.

Hi Frankie,

I have a question regarding the payment for moonraker point, which I've been trying to settle for quite a while now. Because I'm an international student and I am in the process of opening my UK account, I didnt provide payment methods to the admin and I told them that I would let them know once my account is open. when I received my tenancy agreement, the payment schedule required me to pay in one installment and the deadline is 3rd Sept.

I requested for the payment schedule to be changed to two installments, which was an option for non-UK students on the booking form, but my email was ignored and only after I submitted the tenancy agreement on 29 Aug was I told that the payment schedule cannot be changed. I found this quite unreasonable, since I didnt choose to pay by one installment. Is there any explanation to why the payment schedule must be so rigid and cannot be changed?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mintforest
Hi Frankie,

I have a question regarding the payment for moonraker point, which I've been trying to settle for quite a while now. Because I'm an international student and I am in the process of opening my UK account, I didnt provide payment methods to the admin and I told them that I would let them know once my account is open. when I received my tenancy agreement, the payment schedule required me to pay in one installment and the deadline is 3rd Sept.

I requested for the payment schedule to be changed to two installments, which was an option for non-UK students on the booking form, but my email was ignored and only after I submitted the tenancy agreement on 29 Aug was I told that the payment schedule cannot be changed. I found this quite unreasonable, since I didnt choose to pay by one installment. Is there any explanation to why the payment schedule must be so rigid and cannot be changed?

Hi Mintforest,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to settle your query yet, thanks for messaging me.

Are you able to send me a private message with your UNITE ID or full name and DOB and I can look into your booking for you?

Thanks,

Frankie
Original post by Guz2
Hi there, I was just wondering whether desk lamps are included with the room or whether we will have to provide our own?

Thanks.

Hi Guz2,

I've double checked and wanted to let you know that there won't be desk lamps in the rooms at Moonraker Point I'm afraid.

However the rooms are well lit, so it might be an idea to wait until you've moved in before you buy one, just to make sure it's something you definitely need.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 31
Hi everyone,

I have a studio at Moonraker and would like to swap for Stamford Street...Is anyone interested?

Thank you!
Hi all,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE, you can always message me on here if you need any help or information about Moonraker Point.

Hey Frankie!

I have enquired for the Moonraker Studio through KCL and would like to have some photos of the studio so that I can decide ASAP.

Thanks!
Original post by prakriti1991
Hey Frankie!

I have enquired for the Moonraker Studio through KCL and would like to have some photos of the studio so that I can decide ASAP.

Thanks!

Hi prakriti1991,

Thanks for your message.

We've had some new photos of Moonraker through today, we'll be posting them on our Facebook Page in the next few hours, so keep an eye out.

Let me know if you need any more info.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 34
Hello Frankie,
I completed and emailed my booking form over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. Is this normal? As I need my address to enrol online for Kings but still don't know my flat/room number. Who can I contact to sort this out as I have emailed Claudettte but she hasn't replied.
Esme
Original post by janet827
Hello Frankie,
I completed and emailed my booking form over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. Is this normal? As I need my address to enrol online for Kings but still don't know my flat/room number. Who can I contact to sort this out as I have emailed Claudettte but she hasn't replied.
Esme

Hi Esme,

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a PM with your full name, email address and telephone number in and I'll look into it for you?

Thanks,

Frankie
Reply 36
Hi all,

Hello Frankie,

This might already have been discussed, but I will be staying in an ensuite room (flat 157, Room C), and I wished to know whether the bed would be a single or 3/4 one?

Is it possible to have the exact size in inches?

Thanx in advance :smile:
hi frankie,

i've received an email telling me that my booking is about to expire this week but i'm not sure what are the steps
i'm supposed to take(to not make it expire).i've called unite but have yet to heard back from them.

thanks,

arthur
Reply 38
How far is Moonraker point from Strand campus?
Reply 39
Hi Guz2,

I've double checked and wanted to let you know that there won't be desk lamps in the rooms at Moonraker Point I'm afraid.

However the rooms are well lit, so it might be an idea to wait until you've moved in before you buy one, just to make sure it's something you definitely need.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Thanks for your help. :smile:

Original post by IndiLuce
How far is Moonraker point from Strand campus?

I've tried to work it out using the Google Maps distance calculator, and it's just under one and a half kilometres, as the crow flies. However, if you wanted to walk there, the route across Waterloo Bridge is just over two kilometres and the route across Brackfriars Bridge and along Victoria Embankment is almost exactly the same.

But these are only estimations.

Quick Reply

Latest