The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by EmmaLouBell
some woman look stupid a size 8/10, like myself. if the woman feels confident and there is a man that shows interest, who cares. some men are just shallow and think to be attractive you have to be super skinny, with big boob, big ass, fake hair and loads of make up. some woman need make up and some don't. some woman need a little weight on them and not really skinny.
woman can be just as bad with men though. they can look at someone who has a little bit extra weight on them and be disgusted.
wait until your 80, with wrinkles, grey hair, beer belly, saggy as out ball sack and no looks at all. and woman wait until your boobs are gone and are saggy and your vaginas the size of a bus.

Exactly that's my point, I'm just saying if you are confident, but also fat. Don't expect to pull a stunner 6 pack male, you will end up with a fat male also the majority of the time, or a failed relationship.
Original post by farrow000
Nothing wrong with a bit of extra flesh just means there is more to hold on to. If a girl is naturally slim its okay but starving yourself isn't attractive.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds with a girl who is only going to eat the salad in the bun, I want a girl you can eat the meat too.

I'm hungry now :biggrin:

I know you are probably saying that more to prove a point, but it genuinely pisses me off when girls don't eat properly. Not sure why.
Original post by Smart Ass
Exactly that's my point, I'm just saying if you are confident, but also fat. Don't expect to pull a stunner 6 pack male, you will end up with a fat male also the majority of the time, or a failed relationship.

I'm a guy with a 6 pack and I'm seen as decent looking. I'm a straight up chubby chaser. I have no problem going for fat girls.

Naturally this causes people to go WTF, cause apparently I could do much better. But hey, I like em, so screw everyone else.
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy with a 6 pack and I'm seen as decent looking. I'm a straight up chubby chaser. I have no problem going for fat girls.

Naturally this causes people to go WTF, cause apparently I could do much better. But hey, I like em, so screw everyone else.

Good for you bro, it's a shame you kept anonymous.

You ashamed or something? :wink:
Good for you bro, it's a shame you kept anonymous.

You ashamed or something? :wink:

Of being a chubby chaser... a bit. I'm coming to terms with it, took a while for me to admit it to myself first.
Reply 65
Of being a chubby chaser... a bit. I'm coming to terms with it, took a while for me to admit it to myself first.

There's nothing shameful in your preferences. :smile: Besides, isn't it more biologically reasonable for guys to like curvy girls than anorexic ones?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think its really good that you can admit it - well done!
Original post by dasha_t
There's nothing shameful in your preferences. :smile: Besides, isn't it more biologically reasonable for guys to like curvy girls than anorexic ones?

1. Curvy is NOT the same thing as chubby. Chubby means fat. It's possible to be slim and curvy if your boobs and hips are much bigger than your waist.

2. Most men don't like anorexic girls, but most men do prefer size 8/10 slim girls over the chubby ones. Liking slim girls make biological sense because it probably means they eat healthily and do exercise, unlike the fat ones.

LOL at women who equate fat with curvy, skip over slim and assume the only other option is anorexic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by -starlight-
1. Curvy is NOT the same thing as chubby. Chubby means fat. It's possible to be slim and curvy if your boobs and hips are much bigger than your waist.

2. Most men don't like anorexic girls, but most men do prefer size 8/10 slim girls over the chubby ones. Liking slim girls make biological sense because it probably means they eat healthily and do exercise, unlike the fat ones.

LOL at women who equate fat with curvy, skip over slim and assume the only other option is anorexic.

You do raise a good point.

When I said chubby chaser I mean I'll happily go for:

this
as well as
this
Yeah, calling skinny girls anorexic seems just as nasty as calling curvy ones fat to me...
Reply 70
I'm unsure of how people seem to think size 12/14 is fat.

I'm the exact same height as you OP although I'm a size 10/12.

Clothes sizes don't necessarily mean weight or fatness. For instance I need a size 12 jeans because despite being slim, I've got wide hips, the only problem is that the trousers are then too baggy for my legs.

I also find I need a size 10-12 shirt because although a size 10 would fit my stomach, my boobs are too big.

tl;dr clothes sizes do not always portray how fat someone is. If you want a real opinion we'd need to see photos or at least state your weight.
Reply 71
It depends. Being in proportion is most important and as long as you are in proportion and have a waist, look feminine and are clean and fresh- you will prob look lovely!

I know men who like tiny girls and that is their choice too, ditto the ones that like girls size 16 plus though.

I have found women prefer either muscular men or men who have tiny bit of podge. It is the skinny men that sometimes have trouble as women prefer to be smaller than their men. I think for a lot of men they would like to be bigger than their women so maybe go for men who are bigger than you?

I am insecure about my own weight though. I am a good size 16/18 mostly breasts, thigh and butt and I would love to look elegant and slender and it is so haaaard to lose anything. I was brought up on stodge and no activity and so it is difficult to break habits of a lifetime, though I am trying hard. I would dearly like to be a 12 again.

I used to be a 12/ 14 with no effort and had no problems with men. In fact I have been married, though that did not work out ( I am 33). Now at my bigger size, men stare at my breasts but I only get real attention from much, much older men or what I consider undesirable men.

So to all ladies if you are confident and somewhere between an 8 and 14 but in proportion according to your height, relax and enjoy your body, maintain it and smile!!
Reply 72
perfect and a bonus if you have a pretty face and a great personality :smile:

Anon or delete please as I am going to talk about my personal size and I have friends on here who I would rather not realise its me.
I am a size 12/14 5ft2 girl - is this too big? I have recently lost a little weight but I always feels size 8/10 always pull (they have great figures so no wonder why)
Thanks!
Reply 73
Original post by Sheldor
Agh, this thread has totally freaked me out!:frown: I'm 5 ft, and size 8-10. I'm about 8.5 stone/53 kg. I don't have a muffin top or anything but I can grab some flab (about 1/2cm thick) on my waist.:frown: Is that fat?

I'm 5ft one and I'm around size 8/10 in clothes. I don't think you are fat at all tbh, I get where your coming from because of your height, it can make you seem bigger then actually are but tbh you are fine :smile::smile:
Original post by echeee
I'm unsure of how people seem to think size 12/14 is fat.

I'm the exact same height as you OP although I'm a size 10/12.

Clothes sizes don't necessarily mean weight or fatness. For instance I need a size 12 jeans because despite being slim, I've got wide hips, the only problem is that the trousers are then too baggy for my legs.

I also find I need a size 10-12 shirt because although a size 10 would fit my stomach, my boobs are too big.

tl;dr clothes sizes do not always portray how fat someone is. If you want a real opinion we'd need to see photos or at least state your weight.

The thing is even stating your weight doesn't always allude to your body comp. On the BMI scale I fall a point and a half in the overweight section. But the medical professionals I've met have said it's not that I'm fat I have extremely muscle-y legs from trampolining and biking.

I, myself, am a "curvy" girl. I'm 5ft 4 with a 40 inch bust, 29 inch waist and 40 inch hips.

I agree with your comment on clothing sizes, I need a 16 for to cover my breasts. I could wear a size 10 around the waist.

As a lesbian I prefer girls who are a few inches taller than me, also with curves. I'm not really into very petite or bony girls, nor am I into people with rolls of fat. Healthy but with a slight softness :smile:

Sadly many girls have been told they're not good enough for someone like you. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for and you make her very happy. (Just as happy as she makes you).
I'd still bang a size 14 but I'd never go out with someone that big because I'd be embarrassed. Blame society!

No, no, no. Don't "blame society"...blame yourself and your own feelings.

If you don't find bigger girls attractive, that's fine. But own up, don't blame society for something it's not even doing.
Original post by Poppy-Fields
The thing is even stating your weight doesn't always allude to your body comp. On the BMI scale I fall a point and a half in the overweight section. But the medical professionals I've met have said it's not that I'm fat I have extremely muscle-y legs from trampolining and biking.

I, myself, am a "curvy" girl. I'm 5ft 4 with a 40 inch bust, 29 inch waist and 40 inch hips.

I agree with your comment on clothing sizes, I need a 16 for to cover my breasts. I could wear a size 10 around the waist.

As a lesbian I prefer girls who are a few inches taller than me, also with curves. I'm not really into very petite or bony girls, nor am I into people with rolls of fat. Healthy but with a slight softness :smile:

Not that it makes much of a difference, but 29" is a size 12 waist. Size 10 means you have a 27" waist.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/General-Womens-Size-Guides-Product-Information-Help/b/47647031
Reply 78
I'm not ashamed of my size so Ima just tell you, besides its nothing no one who has ever seen me won't have worked out.

I'm 5ft7 104kg (BMI says I'm clinically obese - but seriously BMI says Greyhound and a German Shepherd Dog should weight the same!)

I have a 42EE chest size (sorry don't know inches) and wear 16/18 trousers comfortably and 20-24 tops so I can breathe (uk sizes).

I'm perfectly comfortable with my size, no I don't flaunt myself like some thinner girls but that's my choice. At the beach I don't hide and I'm perfectly comfortable in short skirts if appropriate. But what I do get is stick about my weight because diabetes/colestrol/HBP and other bad stuff runs in my family. And I was bullied at all girls high school by the popular thin girl (most of my old bullies ended up teen mums, again that's a fact not an opinion) I eat a healthy varied relatively self-controlled diet (have a size 10 best friend who can eat more than I do in a day in one sitting! - not an exaggeration) the only thing is my chest weights a ton and has given me back problems at age 18 so excercise is difficult although I do my best.

I'm bi, had on gf never had a proper bf- been focused on studies tbh.

Now tell me, what do you think. I'm a big Curvy girl eats what she likes and enjoys it. Are there any men out there who'd give me the time of day?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC ChaCha A810e
Original post by Tutups
I'm not ashamed of my size so Ima just tell you, besides its nothing no one who has ever seen me won't have worked out.

I'm 5ft7 104kg (BMI says I'm clinically obese - but seriously BMI says Greyhound and a German Shepherd Dog should weight the same!)

I have a 42EE chest size (sorry don't know inches) and wear 16/18 trousers comfortably and 20-24 tops so I can breathe (uk sizes).

I'm perfectly comfortable with my size, no I don't flaunt myself like some thinner girls but that's my choice. At the beach I don't hide and I'm perfectly comfortable in short skirts if appropriate. But what I do get is stick about my weight because diabetes/colestrol/HBP and other bad stuff runs in my family. And I was bullied at all girls high school by the popular thin girl (most of my old bullies ended up teen mums, again that's a fact not an opinion) I eat a healthy varied relatively self-controlled diet (have a size 10 best friend who can eat more than I do in a day in one sitting! - not an exaggeration) the only thing is my chest weights a ton and has given me back problems at age 18 so excercise is difficult although I do my best.

I'm bi, had on gf never had a proper bf- been focused on studies tbh.

Now tell me, what do you think. I'm a big Curvy girl eats what she likes and enjoys it. Are there any men out there who'd give me the time of day?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC ChaCha A810e

If this is real, as mean as it sounds, this post made me feel so much better about my size. I'm 5ft8 and weigh 60kg (32E chest, size 10 clothes). I always worry about my weight and wish I could look more like my size 6/8 friends.

Latest

Trending

Trending