Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Anyone for something language related?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MoBlo
Hoping to start Chinese (Passport) this year because I will be travelling to China October next year and want to learn the basics! :smile:

Ooh very brave doing Chinese, best of luck :smile: I wouldn't mind doing Russian, might have some practical use if my fears of uprising Russian pirates becomes real...
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
ah lol well good luck wherever you end up staying :smile: hopefully needler hall :tongue: don't suppose you play pool btw? :smile:
Reply 22
It's like accommodation roulette! I'm absolutely shocking at pool haha. It wouldn't take me too long to get to a playable level, but I have hit myself in the face twice when I last played. Don't worry, I do'nt know how I did it either...

Ooh and may I ask when you sent your accommodation application and how long it took for them to reply? I'm impatient! Thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Haha perfect description :tongue: damn lol there isn't a pool team at hull from the looks of it so I was hoping to start one :smile: errr I submitted my application in may lol but they didn't start looking at insurance choices until last Thursday and I got called today to say they were looking at mine :smile: so mine took approximately 5 days until they contacted me :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 24
I'm sure if you scoot around there will be some people pretty good at pool :smile: I could try cloning your brain but that never seems to go well in cartoons...Ah I see, maybe I shouldn't be so expectant on them taking the full 2 weeks
Reply 25
:smile: though hopefully I don't lose to them all lol haha nah usually ends up becoming evil :tongue: well I called up and they said it could take anywhere up to 4 weeks :tongue: then called me 2 days later :biggrin:

Reply 26
You'll be safe in the knowlegde you're better than myself at pool :smile: Reminds me of deliveries from Amazon through super-saver which says it's expected to come somewhere between 2015-2020 and it arrives about 2 days after I ordered it, my own impatience bugs me when a date's specified D:
Reply 27
:tongue: woo 1 person out of the entire university lol haha or next day delivery from tesco direct with no specific time so you wait the entire day just to find out it hasn't even been dispatched -_-

Reply 28
I'm glad I never chose Tesco now :biggrin: Go somewhere obscure on your year abroad and start a new mostly Euroepean pool team!
Reply 29
Haha there's an idea, and bring them here and be unbeatable? :tongue:

Reply 30
And they will be able to insult the opposing team in another language! It's a win-win!
Reply 31
Haha btw you planning on going to student live? :smile:

Reply 32
Eeerm I wouldn't know since that's the first I've heard of whatever it is D:
Reply 33
Oh lol it's a large event in London where students go to have fun, meet new people, get discounts, get job offers, and it's got a lot of awesome music :smile: its on the 7th and 8th of September, tickets are free

Reply 34
Everything's in London! Well not everything...but you get my drift haha. At least I know what it is now
Reply 35
Haha so you gonna go? :smile:

Reply 36
I would do if London wasn't a pilgramage away, damn living somewhere where nothing happens!
Reply 37
Aww damn :tongue: well at least we got freshers week :smile: gonna be awesome :smile:

Reply 38
Assuming I don't explode with the complications of it all haha. I've been in a permanent state of confusion since results day! Is it a silly question asking if you've got a wristband of doom? :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Jetmouse
I shall hopefully be studying German with Translation in the coming month, just wondering if anybody is doing something related to languages, be it German or any other language. Coming from an A2 German class of just one person, I doubt other language students existing :tongue: Thanks

Language students are few and far between :tongue: I will be doing French and Linguistics and I'm currently finishing off my OU German module. I can't wait!

I didn't realise this was posted on Uni of Hull. Oh well, I'm still doing languages :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest