The Student Room Group

Religious exceptions to the law

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Psyk
Most self-defined atheists consider it to be the lack of belief in god rather than the belief that there is definitely no god. I suppose either definition can be used, but if you're taking the definition "the belief there is no god", you have to consider the fact that many "atheists" are not atheists by that definition.

No you are correct, atheism is simply the lack of any belief in God, not necessarily the belief that he does not exist.
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/2205859.wizard_man_wins_knife_case/

Basically this wizard man of Sutton is a local celebrity where I live, I remember hearing about this case and I thought it was very funny, how could anyone believe in this BS but then I realised he's no better than a Muslim or Jew
Original post by joker12345
Google the definition. It is a belief that a god does not exist.

It is you that has to google the definition. Atheist includes people who have no opinion on God, or who have not come across the concept of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
So if I tell the government that I believe that I'm Santa Claus, I should be exempt from tax.
Reply 124
Original post by Hypocrism
It is you that has to google the definition. Atheist includes people who have no opinion on God, or who have not come across the concept of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, the definition Google gives is "The theory or belief that God does not exist."

But presumably it just scrapes that from the sites it finds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending