The Student Room Group

Uni choice help - chemical engineering!

Hello,

I am applying for chemical engineering this year, and am having trouble picking my fifth option.

At the moment I have chosen - Imperial, Cambridge, Birmingham and Birmingham (Nuclear Engineering)

For the fifth option, I am struggling to choose between Surrey and Loughborough.

Although Leeds/Newcastle/Heriot-Watt seem nice, they are simply too far away from London :frown:

Also, I cant choose UCL due no no foreign language at GCSE level (read up on their requirements)

So, what are you saying? Loughborough or Surrey? Also welcome for discussion/debate about my other choices :smile:

Cheers!
Nottingham? It is a far stronger choice than Loughborough. Surrey shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other 4 choices you made.
Reply 2
Original post by Meat is Murder
Nottingham? It is a far stronger choice than Loughborough. Surrey shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other 4 choices you made.

Damn, Nottingham looks quite nice! I will make a decision after hearing from a few people (nothing personal lol)

Thanks for the input!
Don't look at the architecture look at the course!!! Look at the buildings second :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Meat is Murder
Don't look at the architecture look at the course!!! Look at the buildings second :biggrin:

hahaha thought i was the only one! Studying at a place that looks real nice inspires me to work hard! But yeah, course first of 'course' :biggrin:
I know Loughborough is generally very good for engineering, but Surrey is much closer to London if that appeals to you. Ultimately it doesn't matter, choose whichever one you like the best and ignore "Meat is Murder".
Reply 6
Original post by Smack
I know Loughborough is generally very good for engineering, but Surrey is much closer to London if that appeals to you. Ultimately it doesn't matter, choose whichever one you like the best and ignore "Meat is Murder".

Alright cheers, and i'll take everyone into account hehe :tongue:

Think its 'tilting' towards Loughborough, been speaking to a few people and Loughborough seems better. Still, have just over a month to decide to its alright :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending