The Student Room Group

The University of Dundee MB ChB Applicants 2013

So, who's applyin' to Dundee this year and which course are y'all applying to? :smile:

Tell us a lil' about yourself as well :wink:

The University of Dundee School of Medicine
NHS Tayside
Revent's Freedom of Information Act Request: The University of Dundee
Applicant Statistics
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Pick me, pick me

A100 :smile:
Reply 2
Thank goodness someone finally replied to this :tongue: I'll be applying to A104!
It was rather buried, aha, I had to search a fair bit for it :P

Where else will you be applying? :smile:
Reply 4
Aberdeen, St. Andrews, and Edinburgh. Although I only really meet Aberdeen's and Dundee's requirements (I'm a graduate applicant) I figure it won't hurt to apply to St. Andrews and Edinburgh, especially as people that were rejected this year had called up and were given offers... so I feel its worth a try :smile:

Yourself?
(edited 11 years ago)
I've just created a St. Andrews thread if you fancy joining :smile:

At the moment, only St. Andrews and Dundee are for definite. As for the other two I'm torn - not sure which two to choose from Leicester, KCL and Newcastle. I still have a fair amount of time to decide though :smile:
Reply 6
I'm applying to Dundee this year! Applying for medicine :smile:
Reply 7
me too me too :biggrin:

A100
Reply 8
I am doing the EB, and about to apply for 2013 and my last year scores were:
Average of 87%
Chem-90%
Math-90%
Physics-85%
Biology-85%
I have 2 weeks of shadowing doctors in so many sections, plus 4 weeks of teaching English to children in a kindergarten+helping with taking care of them.
Im doing my UKCAT in 3 weeks, but for now practice is going great, getting averages of 70%-80%.
Do I have a high chance of getting an interview?:biggrin:
Reply 9
So why are people choosing Dundee over and above other places? :smile:

Original post by Stormscar

Apply and find out...
Reply 10
Original post by Zedd
So why are people choosing Dundee over and above other places? :smile:

Apply and find out...

Lol, I was asking for an advice, I'd rather choose my unis based my chances of getting in, than risking and not getting a place. A bit of an ******* response maybe?
Reply 11
Original post by Stormscar
Lol, I was asking for an advice, I'd rather choose my unis based my chances of getting in, than risking and not getting a place. A bit of an ******* response maybe?

Well put it this way- without giving us your personal statement, UKCAT, and reference we can't exactly give you specific advice can we? Just because you meet the entry requirements doesn't mean that you have a 'high chance' of getting an interview.
Hey Guys, Could you please help me with this:

I plan to apply to Dundee Medicine for 2013 entry and I was wondering if it would be likely that I would be considered/accepted? (or even have a good chance for an interview, I am ranking unis based my strengths and the ones that would possibly consider me)

My GCSE's are the following:

A* MATH
A* ENG LIT.
A* ENG LANG.
A BIO
A HISTORY
A R.E.
B CHEM
B PHYSICS
B FRENCH

My AS grades are: A A A D (Math, Biology, Chemistry and English respectively)
I plan to drop English and take up Geography, I have asked my Head of Year and am to be predicted A for the AS geography.

My final A-level predictions are: A* A A a (Math, Biology, Chemistry, Geography respectively)

My UKCAT average: 660 (520, 680, 700, 740. VR, DA, AR, QR respectively)

Thank you ever so much whoever answers
Reply 13
:facepalm:

I've updated the first post a little with a few informative links :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Zedd
:facepalm:

I've updated the first post a little with a few informative links :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

although that prospectus link never seems to work for me. not even when I search it on the Dundee website itself... :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by MarinaBS
Thanks! :smile:

although that prospectus link never seems to work for me. not even when I search it on the Dundee website itself... :frown:

Well spotted! I suppose their urls are a bit funky on the online prospectus for whatever reason :/
Reply 16
I am applying there too, as a second choice.
Reply 17
Original post by Zedd
Well spotted! I suppose their urls are a bit funky on the online prospectus for whatever reason :/

yeah and that's really annoying because they don't send their printed one to Germany...
Reapplicant for the A104 course. Graduated with a first class law degree, but fecked up my UKCAT again, so think it'll be an instant rejection. Still going to reply though, even if it is in vain!

Good luck everyone
Reply 19
Original post by noregrets
Reapplicant for the A104 course. Graduated with a first class law degree, but fecked up my UKCAT again, so think it'll be an instant rejection. Still going to reply though, even if it is in vain!

Good luck everyone

Woo! Another non-science graduate! How did you do in the UKCAT? I had the moderator guy walk into my test during the QR because he didn't think I was allowed to use the keyboard! Luckily I still scraped together an okay score.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending