The Student Room Group

Possibilities after a Third Class

Hi!
I just got the results of my final year. I needed an aggregate of 440 to get aSecond Class and I got... 439. My Uni is telling me that nothing can be done now but they will state on my diploma that I am on the very top of the spectrum and thus I will have a better chance to get into a good master, but I don't really believe this. Now I am completely devastated over the result and the lost chances. I know it's partly my fault, I really messed it up this last year, I started studying late, I was far too confident and I did all the examinations with my right hand put in plaster so writing was pure horror but I didn't ask for any medical proof so my Uni would know it. Also I know that I couldn't have done much more as I worked for 7 hours every day and I babysat children. The thing is now I am quite lost about my future, I don't really know what to do and I would like to ask you for advice on two issues.

The first one is regarding Masters. I graduated in International Relations and I would love to do a Master Development Management. All my Units on Development have strong Second Class Honors. Do you think I stand a chance? Is there any University anywhere where I could take a Cooperation, Development or just Humanitarian Action Master with this Third Class? Also, what would you prioritize, doing what you want or the name and prestige of the University?
Second one is, I was planning on doing a Graduate Diploma in Economics this year. But I can't see myself doing that anymore, I don't feel like it now and I am extremely insecure about the grading as I will keep working this year and I even have more babysitting hours. The Master I was thinking about is in Sweden and I doesn't specify the grading required so I was also planning on doing some Swedish to raise up a bit my chances but I am not sure I can take all of it now. Would you give a chance to the Eco Diploma knowing that you have to put a lot of effort on it (and also work, babysit and Swedish) or just do something else? I was thinking maybe Swedish plus continuing with my Chinese classes and adding some Economic short courses. I am not sure yet.
Thanks a lot in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending