The Student Room Group

Which Uni please help, URGENT!!!

Delete
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bald Sparrow
Ok long story short, I Firmed to go to Uni of Bath to study electronic and electrical engineering, however, as of yet they have still to accpet or reject me. I am transfering uni and I sent my grades to bath in June and they have still not got back to me. As a result I've started looking for a uni in clearing (although I'm not in clearing yet). I have found a few unis I would like to go to, basically at the moment I have been told I would be accepted to loughborough for EEE or Physics and Leicester for Physics for definite. Manchester Uni have also asked to see my grades which I sent so there's a possibility to go there and the same with York. I have also saw clearing spaces for EEE in queen mary UoL, cardiff and physics at Exeter.

Basically I'm stuck whether I should just ask bath to put me into clearing and pick one of these unis or just hold out with bath and see if I get in. Could someone please give me some advice on which of these unis have the best rep overall and which may have the best for EEE and/or Physics. Would you recommend going into clearing or should I just hold out for bath. Any advice would be great. :redface:

Phone Bath and see what they're doing, it seems very late to be making decisions still!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheIrrational
You have EEE? What's Baths standard offer?

He meant electronic and electrical engineering
Do you mean have I been accepted to bath for EEE?

Oh **** sorry, I didn't know EEE = electronic and electrical engineering. Try phoning Bath and seeing where your offer stands. It seems very late for them to still be thinking.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I suspect the OP is using EEE to mean Electronic and Electrical Engineering, as opposed to describing his A level grades.
Reply 5
Ok long story short, I Firmed to go to Uni of Bath to study electronic and electrical engineering, however, as of yet they have still to accpet or reject me. I am transfering uni and I sent my grades to bath in June and they have still not got back to me. As a result I've started looking for a uni in clearing (although I'm not in clearing yet). I have found a few unis I would like to go to, basically at the moment I have been told I would be accepted to loughborough for EEE or Physics and Leicester for Physics for definite. Manchester Uni have also asked to see my grades which I sent so there's a possibility to go there and the same with York. I have also saw clearing spaces for EEE in queen mary UoL, cardiff and physics at Exeter.

Basically I'm stuck whether I should just ask bath to put me into clearing and pick one of these unis or just hold out with bath and see if I get in. Could someone please give me some advice on which of these unis have the best rep overall and which may have the best for EEE and/or Physics. Would you recommend going into clearing or should I just hold out for bath. Any advice would be great. :redface:

Go to Manchester for physics, failing that then either Exeter or bath for either physics or EEE
Reply 6
Original post by TheIrrational
You have EEE? What's Baths standard offer?

He means electronic and electrical engineering, i think :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Do you mean have I been accepted to bath for EEE?

I think the poster may be confusing EEE for your grades, rather than the course...
Original post by smart girl
He means electronic and electrical engineering, i think :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah :smile: I just made an absolute fool of myself, oh well!
Reply 9
If you manage to get into either Manchester or York I'd go to either. Both have excellent facilities for EEE (According to other half who is currently studying it at York).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending