You're welcome, but you quoted me twice :wink:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by DarkWhite
You're welcome, but you quoted me twice :wink:

Well, managed to make myself look like a complete genius there didn't I!
Original post by kec
Well, managed to make myself look like a complete genius there didn't I!

Well you've secured a place at Nottingham so you must be!

<end cheesy University plug> :p:
Reply 63
Original post by Miahrose
On the subject of fancy dress, can I voice my opinion that ONESIES DON'T COUNT. :naughty: I promise you you'll have twentybillion times the fun if you get together some makeshift costume.

I'd say just make stuff when you get there. Even after Freshers there was *plenty* of opportunity for fancy dress throughout the year and half the fun is making the most amazing costumes out of as little as possible! A friend and I spent a few nights over a couple of weeks making her a full on Disney princess castle costume out of cardboard we found lying around our halls, haha. Fully-functioning drawbridge and everything.

i tried to make a cloak at halloween out of two old pairs of tights and some staples. took me half an hour, SO proud. sadly it was shouted down by everyone else who saw it and i ended up wearing a bin bag out instead :unimpressed:
I once tried to make a waistcoat out of felt and staples. It didn't really work.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I once tried to make a waistcoat out of felt and staples. It didn't really work.

Waistcoats are surprisingly tricky to make. Last one I made, I sewed one of the panels on upside down.
Reply 66
Hope you don't mind me asking this question here - I didn't really want to create a new thread. I'm hoping to go back to New Zealand sometime this year during university but I'm not sure whether it would be best to do so over the Christmas or Easter vacation period. The issue is that such a long journey to see family is only worth it if it is for 3-4 weeks so it will inevitably take up the whole holiday period. Easter would probably be better & cheaper but I'm worried I will need to be studying during that time for summer exams? Any help on the matter appreciated, I'm reading Geography if it makes any difference...
Reply 67
Just to share what a friend told me. One part of the university is miles away from Nottingham Main Campus - yes miles. Sutton Bonington is where vets and the rest are sent and many of the students never venture as far as Nottingham.
Not exactly a vital question but is there lamps in halls (im in ensuite at cav btw), and do we need to bring any health documentation when we sign up with nott's gp?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
* That there'll be hills
* That catered food is tasteless
* That you could've put your preferred hall in 'Other Requests' when applying for accommodation and they'd actually consider it (even though you can't officially choose your hall)
Reply 70
I was just wondering, I'm not on campus I'm in Broadgate Park and was wondering if there was a less sense of 'community' because there are so many students and it's flats rather than dorms?
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
Not exactly a vital question but is there lamps in halls (im in ensuite at cav btw), and do we need to bring any health documentation when we sign up with nott's gp?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean like a desk lamp? My room in Southwell had one, so it's pretty likely there will be one!

I think if you have any proof of vaccinations or anything like that, it might be useful, but I don't remember any trouble when I didn't take mine.
Original post by BrushieDuck
Do you mean like a desk lamp? My room in Southwell had one, so it's pretty likely there will be one!

I think if you have any proof of vaccinations or anything like that, it might be useful, but I don't remember any trouble when I didn't take mine.

Yeah i meant desk lamps :smile: its cos i bought one and wondered if ill need it,but i suppose there's nothing wrong with having a spare :tongue:

Thank god,its just that i can't find any doc notes, and may have missed out on a jab a few years back, hope they won't force a booster on me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by UKiwi
Hope you don't mind me asking this question here - I didn't really want to create a new thread. I'm hoping to go back to New Zealand sometime this year during university but I'm not sure whether it would be best to do so over the Christmas or Easter vacation period. The issue is that such a long journey to see family is only worth it if it is for 3-4 weeks so it will inevitably take up the whole holiday period. Easter would probably be better & cheaper but I'm worried I will need to be studying during that time for summer exams? Any help on the matter appreciated, I'm reading Geography if it makes any difference...

easter would be better because exam period doesnt start till around May 15th so there is time when you get back to study whereas winter exams start right after christmas break.
Reply 74
Original post by Miahrose
Completely agree with the hopper bus thing!

In my first few weeks (ahem.. couple of months :colondollar:) I could never remember which building was the Trent building and which was Portland. I'm sure nobody else will have such a ridiculous mental block as me though, haha.

But Trent Building is where they host lots of fancy stuff and therefore they have REALLY nice loos (including shower room & towels :cool:) and the nicest cafe. Not really a tip, I suppose, but I only stumbled across them during summer exams and was most impressed after spending all my time in Clive Granger...

Agreed with the showers. My boiler broke this week so no hot water. Been showering in there each day. Even when my boiler is fixed, I'm still gonna go in here. Its amazing. I thought at first I'd stumbled into the inner sanctum of the university and a lowly student shouldn't been showering there.

What other fancy stuff in Trent Building am I missing?? :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by Orphan
Just to share what a friend told me. One part of the university is miles away from Nottingham Main Campus - yes miles. Sutton Bonington is where vets and the rest are sent and many of the students never venture as far as Nottingham.

Yes, Sutton Bonington is miles away from where anything is or ever was. There is nothing there but some cow dung and a bus stop which returns you to civilisation. Having said that, I love living on SB, it has much more of a family feeling, you sort of get to know everyone. :smile:
Original post by Orphan

Anyone stupid enough not to know this when applying doesn't deserve an offer.
Can anyone explain to me why Nottingham has such a bad reputation? -As in for crime...
Reply 78
Original post by BayHarborButcher
Can anyone explain to me why Nottingham has such a bad reputation? -As in for crime...

:yawn: LOL. It used to.

Honestly Nottingham is like any major city - use your head and keep your wits about you as you would at home.
Reply 79
Original post by natty_d
:yawn: LOL. It used to.

Honestly Nottingham is like any major city - use your head and keep your wits about you as you would at home.

[video="youtube;1Ys349LVKlg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ys349LVKlg[/video]

did this happen at Nottingham uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending