The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Reults marginally out - Still Chance

So i was given a conditional offer for software engineering at Lancaster. My conditions was based on a maths access course that i have done. The course is marked out of 1200 points and i had to achieve 1000/1200. I got results and i only achieved 984/1200 so i was 16 points under.

I have deferred entry by a year meaning it would start October next year but i was wondering if the offer just gets automatically withdrawn or do i still have a chance of getting accepted on these results? Any advise would be much appreciated
Reply 1
There is a possibility that they'll accept you but you'd have to contact the university and talk to the admissions team. Don't delay it.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Erratic
There is a possibility that they'll accept you but you'd have to contact the university and talk to the admissions team. Don't delay it.

Thanks for your response. I have contacted them and they advised the same thing. The only problem i have now is that i may possibly only receive official confirmation after the deadline so I'm trying to find out if they will accept confirmation from the course tutor.
Reply 3
It's best if you emailed the department too instead of trying to call them only.

Good luck.
Reply 4
I just missed my offer to get into Computer Science this year. I needed ABB, I got ABCD (did 4 A levels). I managed to get accepted. However it took 3 days,200 phone calls and my case being sent to the head of admissions twice before they decided to accept me. Just phone up the clearing line and ask if there is an update in regards to your conditional offer.
Reply 5
Original post by panda192
I just missed my offer to get into Computer Science this year. I needed ABB, I got ABCD (did 4 A levels). I managed to get accepted. However it took 3 days,200 phone calls and my case being sent to the head of admissions twice before they decided to accept me. Just phone up the clearing line and ask if there is an update in regards to your conditional offer.

Well done on getting your place! and at least now i know i still have a chance. So far i have just sent quite a few emails but not made any phone calls. If i don't hear back soon i think i will take you advise and call them up.
Reply 6
Original post by Naldred
Well done on getting your place! and at least now i know i still have a chance. So far i have just sent quite a few emails but not made any phone calls. If i don't hear back soon i think i will take you advise and call them up.

Do not email them. Atm everyone there is very busy so they don't read emails. You're better off phoning them as soon as you can. However I think the phone lines may be closed now and will have to wait till tomorrow morning.
Reply 7
Original post by panda192
Do not email them. Atm everyone there is very busy so they don't read emails. You're better off phoning them as soon as you can. However I think the phone lines may be closed now and will have to wait till tomorrow morning.

They did get back to me and i have now sent them proof so just awaiting there decision. Hopefully they will be able to ignore that i'm under by 16 points!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending