The Student Room Group

Should I include this?????

Hi there, i'm writing my PS at the moment to apply for a pharmacy course. I was just wondering, in the section where I write about me and my extra curricular activities, should I write that I speak fluent arabic and farsi? and mention i'm doing French A level as well?

I've spoken about bio and chem A levels obviously, so yeh, should I add that in? Or is it really irrelevant?

ALSO....... how long is a PS supposed to be?
I'd strongly suggest reading this:
http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/personalstatement/

Because the formatting and length are limited etc. It doesn't look like you've even read about it yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Anongal
Hi there, i'm writing my PS at the moment to apply for a pharmacy course. I was just wondering, in the section where I write about me and my extra curricular activities, should I write that I speak fluent arabic and farsi? and mention i'm doing French A level as well?

I've spoken about bio and chem A levels obviously, so yeh, should I add that in? Or is it really irrelevant?

My advice would be to put it in, and then if you do need to cut things out you could remove it later.
Original post by Anongal

It will be obvious that you are doing French A level from the exams section, so no need to mention that. Your other languages might merit half a sentence if you can make them relevant to an application for pharmacy, but I strongly recommend you read the information given under the personal statements tab at the top of the page first.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It will be obvious that you are doing French A level from the exams section, so no need to mention that. Your other languages might merit half a sentence if you can make them relevant to an application for pharmacy, but I strongly recommend you read the information given under the personal statements tab at the top of the page first.

Oh hi again. Decided to take your advice ^^
Reply 5
Ty everyone!
Original post by AnnihilatorV2
Oh hi again. Decided to take your advice ^^

Well, that's very flattering. After all these people, though, I have no memory of what it was!

Edit: Gosh, it was very recent , wasn't it?! Senility setting in....
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending