The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Anyone staying at the dalton Ellis hall? Could you give me some info on it pls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
hey guys I'm aware that the accom offers will be given out starting june, to those who hold an unconditional offer, according to the date of the application being submitted. which means the earlier u submit the higher chance you stand. but i've one quick ques here, if i edit my application to change my preference, will it affect the date of submission? or it'll stay as the date i first submitted? thanks!
Original post by koh.s.p96
hey guys I'm aware that the accom offers will be given out starting june, to those who hold an unconditional offer, according to the date of the application being submitted. which means the earlier u submit the higher chance you stand. but i've one quick ques here, if i edit my application to change my preference, will it affect the date of submission? or it'll stay as the date i first submitted? thanks!

No, it doesn't affect your date of submission
Reply 5423
Hey guys nice to meet you.I've gotten my unconditional offer letter for Biomaterials, MSc.I am still applying for funding from my country's scholarship.Guys, I would like to have your opinions.In my case that I depend heavily in scholarship, do you think I should find accommodation in student dorm now?I mean, I can only go this year if I get the scholarship.

Does anyone have the same situation as I do?
Reply 5424
If you're into student atmospheres and having a good time, you gotta go Fallowfield - Owens Park or Oak House to be precise. I know pretty much everyone thinks that they want ensuite, self-catered, fallowfield and as a result list Richmond, Sheavyn, Oak House (with basin) in that order, but if you do that you will end up with Oak House (my entire flat had the same order and we're all Oak House now). However that's definitely a good thing if you're into going out a lot etc as a LOT of people move into Oak House or the tower in second term because they found Sheavyn, Ashburne etc boring. If I could go back, I would've put Oak House and Owen's Park as my only options just to ensure the social side was good. Yes, the rooms aren't nice, but they're enough. Also, it's so not worth the £11 quid a week for an Oak House room with a basin, there are two same-sex bathrooms and each has 2 sinks so you get one between two anyway and are very unlikely to clash - only 1/4 of the blocks has sinks anyway so you're pretty unlikely to get it.
Hey guys, if I want to have my friend (boyfriend/girlfriend) overnight during like term breaks, would their maximum stay remain 2 nights? How do I get friends over to stay for a longer period of time? It's during term breaks anyway :/ ?
Anyone put Weston??? Everyone says it's bad lollllll ?? (Please quote if you reply, otherwise I'll never find your response!!:P)
Do we apply for accommodation if Manchester is our insurance?
I just made my application which was oak house, oak house with basin and Richmond. I have a unconditional offer and have already accepted. Is it still likely I'll get my first choice even though I've waited almost last minute to complete the application?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi I've got a question regarding accommodation
What day do you move into the rooms, (ie date and day)
Also what date is the geography residential trip? I need to know both just so I can book it off work
Thanks
^Good questions... When actually is welcome week?!
Does anyone know when Owens park is being rebuilt? Am thinking Fallowfield might be pretty loud if is building going on..
Visited Fallowfield yesterday at open Day and it was kinda gross-- and I'm assuming they showed us the better rooms. Are the rooms nearer to campus any better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone gotten accommodation offer?

Not yet. Have you? Do you have an unconditional offer?

If it's conditional offer I think you get it on results day? Unconditional is a bit before that but I'm not sure when?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
If it's conditional offer I think you get it on results day? Unconditional is a bit before that but I'm not sure when?

Unconditional Offer holders, who applied before the deadline, should get their room allocations by the end of June. I think!
Original post by Wired_1800
Unconditional Offer holders, who applied before the deadline, should get their room allocations by the end of June. I think!

Ah okay thanks hahah I have a conditional anyway :cry:praying I get the grades
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Ah okay thanks hahah I have a conditional anyway :cry:praying I get the grades

Good luck.
Any postgrad students still looking for accommodation? Whats your deal, where are you looking ect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending