The Student Room Group

Things you won't miss when you go to uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MsAaliyah
LOOL same here. My mum is actually looking for churches in the area that my university, she is coming with me specifically to find a church for me ¬__¬

My moms in Canada. But with google maps at her disposal anything is possible.
Lucky for me, my university is in the middle of nowhere.

What NOW Mom? :aetsch:
Reply 21
Original post by mike1710
My loud and inconsiderate neighbours. I'm going insane!

THIS!
Mine are constantly yelling at their kids for no reason, staying up until 4am on weekdays chatting loudly on their porch, and they never walk their bored, loud dog..
Seriously, that poor dog has been out for ONE single walk in its entire life, and I've been woken up by its gut-wrenching whimpering more times than I can count :frown:

Other things I definitely won't miss are a total of four buses running A DAY, and bumping into people I really don't want to talk to.
Arguements and problems at home.
Original post by mike1710
My loud and inconsiderate neighbours. I'm going insane!

Original post by Ida.H
THIS!
Mine are constantly yelling at their kids for no reason, staying up until 4am on weekdays chatting loudly on their porch, and they never walk their bored, loud dog..
Seriously, that poor dog has been out for ONE single walk in its entire life, and I've been woken up by its gut-wrenching whimpering more times than I can count :frown:

Other things I definitely won't miss are a total of four buses running A DAY, and bumping into people I really don't want to talk to.

Lol. I hope you guys get kind and considerate neighbours in STUDENT halls ...
Reply 24
Italy.
My neighbours super noisy parrot coincidentally in their conservatory JUST so it's more noisy. Squawking every damn hour.
My brother being a turd and playing very loud video games until seven in the morning. Oh, and having to clean the chicken coop. Eeeeergh.
My annoying parents constantly nagging and shouting at me! :rolleyes:
And those people who you know from like school and such that you would prefer to avoid! :biggrin:
the general ****tiness of Northern Ireland :colonhash:
Original post by beccamxx
Only having all of 3 clothes shops! I live in a small town atm, so it will nice to live in a city with a lot more shops and variety :smile:

count yourself lucky!! where i live, in a tiny village, the nearest clothes shop of any variety is 20 miles away!!

we have a pub here, and a one-stop, but that is honestly it :eek:
Reply 30
Original post by A100whoo
Lol. I hope you guys get kind and considerate neighbours in STUDENT halls ...

I'm being optimistic about it :biggrin:
Reply 31
Being asked 'Where are you going? WHY?' every time I go outside.

Being woken up by my sister playing her ukulele at 2am.

Having to watch Emmerdale/Coronation Street every night.

Having to change my schedule to suit other people.
My gran ripping my curtains open at 6.30am every single morning.
Original post by Ida.H
I'm being optimistic about it :biggrin:

:smile: You should be most people dont have any problems!
The maid unplugs the XBOX everytime she cleans my room, so Ijust get home, grab the controller, get on my bed, try to turn it on and notice its disconnected. Every ****ing day, I almost threw the controller to the tv the other day.
If I do go in 3 years time, I will not miss the city life or London life to be specific... but when I think about, there are a lot of unis (and which I'll probably be applying to) from London. ARRGHHHHHHHHHH!!
My mum leaving me a list of things to do while she's work.

My annoying brother - he's at that angsty teenage stage!

Having to feed my cats, the smell of the food isn't exactly nice!
Original post by Ida.H
THIS!

i also get woken up by my neighbours dog's high pitched whine, no idea if they walk it but its always sitting in the front garden when i go out the house.

and as for neighbours students can be just as bad and inconsiderate
Reply 38
Original post by mr j man
Am sure they will understand...

Your posts are funny as hell, gave me a proper laugh haha :biggrin:
Having my mum call me if I'm out past 10 about every half hour to make sure I'm still alive and to try to convince me to come back home because its late. Having to report where I am going and who with and what time I'll be back. Not being able to leave the house after about 9 without a big fuss. Oh independence! Its so close!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending