The Student Room Group

HELP !!! im confused and so worried

so my last thread was about what courses were available to me as i hadn't reached the grades for my course that i wanted to do. So i went with my second option Events management, i rung mmu and the director of the course gave me a verbal offer, so i selected it as a clearance offer on my ucas then i get an email today saying it has been unsuccessful what does this mean? he has changed his mind ?? its all been so stressful and i thought i was close to going to uni but now i am so stressed and worried and don't know what to do any advice as what it may have be will be much appreciated. P.S i am going to ring ucas and mmu tomorrow just atm i am so worried and any suggestions would be appreciated.
You're doing all you can do - ringing them tomorrow is the only thing you can do right now. Try not to stress about it - try and get into contact with the director of the course again and tell him about your situation. The only bad thing happening that I can think is that could have oversubscribed the course in clearing and even though he made a verbal offer, he couldn't stay true on it. Hopefully that's not the case though!

Let us know how it goes.
Reply 2
This is the second thread about MMU rejecting a clearing offer they have given. Who do these guys think they are ? I hope my university aren't like that.

I haven't applied there but was considering it. I rang up on results day and got a recorded message saying they were unavailable on wednesday and thursday because they were moving buildings. What kind of morons move buildings on results day ? Ridiculous.

I think many unis especially MMU because this is the second thread I am seeing on them are accepting people and then waiting for better offers. They want to fill the seats but are only going to update your offer on track if nobody better comes along. Do you have any written proof of them offering you something ? If so you should use that and report them to UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending