The Student Room Group

AS result might affect my university, please help

I got the following for my AS results recently, A for English Language, B for Psychology and Literature. D for Politics. My Politics I am worried about. However I am 3 UMS points from an A for Literature and 5 UMS points from an A for Psychology. I am resitting Politics, I only need a C to get it back up to an A. I was planning to apply for University of York to study English Language but now I'm not quite so sure. What should I do?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Step 1: Ring them up and explain your situation, ask them if they will consider you as an applicant.
Step 2: If they fail to consider you with your current grades. Resit your AS.
Step 3(Optional) Since you were a few marks away from an A grade, you could decide to get them remarked.

Bonus Step: If York wont accept you. Apply to other universities who will.
Reply 2
Original post by lilyobz
Step 1: Ring them up and explain your situation, ask them if they will consider you as an applicant.
Step 2: If they fail to consider you with your current grades. Resit your AS.
Step 3(Optional) Since you were a few marks away from an A grade, you could decide to get them remarked.

Bonus Step: If York wont accept you. Apply to other universities who will.

Okay, thank you very much I will do as you said. I was also thinking of University of Newcastle, with the grades of ABB - I also went to the bitesize uni programme they did in the summer, would this help me get a place?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AvAngela
Okay, thank you very much I will do as you said. I was also thinking of University of Newcastle, with the grades of ABB - I also went to the bitesize uni programme they did in the summer, would this help me get a place?

I doubt the Bitesize programme will help you get a place however be sure to mention it if you are planning ring them up.
Reply 4
Original post by lilyobz
I doubt the Bitesize programme will help you get a place however be sure to mention it if you are planning ring them up.

Would it be just as effective emailing them?
Reply 5
Would it be just as effective emailing them?

No, Ring them up much more faster and a quicker respond. They are not obligated to respond to your emails
Reply 6
I got the following for my AS results recently, A for English Language, B for Psychology and Literature. D for Politics. My Politics I am worried about. However I am 3 UMS points from an A for Literature and 5 UMS points from an A for Psychology. I am resitting Politics, I only need a C to get it back up to an A. I was planning to apply for University of York to study English Language but now I'm not quite so sure. What should I do?

Your grades don't seem too bad at all, apart from politics.
You should ring them up, and see if they would consider making you an offer based on your AS grades.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending