The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I tried piercing my eyebrow once... I got it in one side, but it wouldn't even budge through the other side.
Reply 2
When it gets infected, we'll have a contender for this year's Darwin award.
Original post by Sabertooth
When it gets infected, we'll have a contender for this year's Darwin award.

so cruel... but so right.... i think that goes in the group of people a year that die from licking batteries lol

:stupid:
Reply 5
Don't do it! I know someone who tried and messed their belly up so bad that once it healed it was too scared for a qualified piercer to do it properly!

From past experience (I have four belly peircings) just go to the damn piercer! It's over in less than a minute, would probably hurt far less, and if u get it done with a plain bar you can get it for as little as £15. Then you can get pretty ones and change it yourself after a couple of months.

Also, doing it yourself is likely to lead to nasty infections, especially because you most likely won't get a surgical grade bar. Getting a cheap belly bar will still give me an infection, 4 peircings and 2 years down the line.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Belly piercings are prone to migration and rejection if pierced wrongly. I suggest you get it done professionally, it's only about £20 tops so I don't see why you wouldn't....
My boyfriend pierced my belly button for me, i've had to be extra careful with it because of that and a blood blister has formed but that could of happened if I had gone to a professional so just keep in mind that you should just look after it loads and be careful with it afterwards, oh and make sure you use a bar that is suitable, mine was to heavy and I didn't realise until the blister had formed, now that i'm using a much lighter bar it's healing well (:
Reply 8
Original post by LittleStarling
My boyfriend pierced my belly button for me, i've had to be extra careful with it because of that and a blood blister has formed but that could of happened if I had gone to a professional so just keep in mind that you should just look after it loads and be careful with it afterwards, oh and make sure you use a bar that is suitable, mine was to heavy and I didn't realise until the blister had formed, now that i'm using a much lighter bar it's healing well (:

No professional would do a bad enough job to make a blood blister.

Reply 9
I've done ear piercings before (with a sewing needle, lighter, ice and an apple), but I'm pretty sure those are much more straightforward. I reckon you'd have to be extremely careful- how about watch a video on YouTube or something of a professional doing it, and then try and get the process as close as possible?
You obviously don't want an infection, and on top of that, you'd have the added pressure of getting it in the exact position you want (perfectly aligned, straight, you know)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App
Reply 10
genius-meme.jpg
Original post by Hanny18
Don't do it! I know someone who tried and messed their belly up so bad that once it healed it was too scared for a qualified piercer to do it properly!

From past experience (I have four belly peircings) just go to the damn piercer! It's over in less than a minute, would probably hurt far less, and if u get it done with a plain bar you can get it for as little as £15. Then you can get pretty ones and change it yourself after a couple of months.

Also, doing it yourself is likely to lead to nasty infections, especially because you most likely won't get a surgical grade bar. Getting a cheap belly bar will still give me an infection, 4 peircings and 2 years down the line.

Poor little belly button, quivering in terror. :sad: :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by superwolf
Poor little belly button, quivering in terror. :sad: :tongue:

Hahaha scarred! I hate auto correct :frown:

Original post by bobbieare
Have any of you guys every pierced your own belly button, I'm considering doing it (please don't try to talk me out of it) and I just want to hear your experiences. Actually, share if you've pierced yourself anywhere!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354696,00.html

This guy almost died when he tried to pierce himself. Gonne no do it?
I have a friend who does her own piercings. Lips, eyebrows, ears, etc. But for her bellybutton and nipple she went to a professional. This is a girl who stuck pen lids into her ears to make dilations. Please go to a pro. If even she wasn't foolhardy enough to do it herself there you shouldn't be either.
My friend tried this and got a really bad infection.
Reply 16
If you're going to do it, you need sterile needles from an autoclaved pack, and sterilised jewellery which is also autoclaved. You can buy these but it won't be cheap (and you need to be over 18). You also need a really, really clean room to do it in, lots of time, and no anaesthetic or ice because if it goes wrong you won't know if you can't feel it.

You also need to consider what you're going to do with your needle afterwards. You can't just throw it out in your household rubbish - you need to put it in a sharps bin. You might be able to take it to a local doctor or hospital, or maybe there's a needle exchange programme nearby for drug users, but you need to do something.

And you also need to do a hell of a lot more research than just posting on TSR!

So self piercing is not easy or cheap. If you're just going to get a safety pin and "sterilise" it with a lighter, don't bother.
Reply 17
I've self pierced before but only after a lot of research and advice from professional piercers. If you don't know what you are doing, please don't attempt it.
If you're going to do it anyway please make sure that you use sterile equipment and dispose of any needles appropriately.
Just go and it get it pierced PROFESSIONALLY. What's the point in risking it?!
So you guys were right, I was gonna pierce myself like an hour ago, I was so close and then I realised that there is no way that I can put that needle through and what an idiot I am. Seriously, if you wanna pierce yourself, don't.

Latest