The Student Room Group

Interview at Hull Uni at last minute,

University of Hull clearing 2012 nursing interview[INDENT] Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone can advice me, i have an interview for Adult Nursing on 23 Aug at Hull University> i am hoping to start in Sept 2012.

I have received my interview pack but i am not sure about 'Topical Health Issue' any help about what i need to know before interview will do. thank you in advance.

I also need help about what question can i ask the interviewer?[/INDENT]
hey the topical health issue really means what have you recently read in the news about the nhs or anything medically related. They ask what are your ideas about it, what do you think etc. You could talk about the fact that they are trying to get the nhs to open up private hospitals abroad to fund the nhs in england.
Also know why you want to be a nurse, know what makes you stand out and why you think you're best suited also think of a time when you did the right thing and not an easy thing. Like whistleblowing or telling on a staff member doing something wrong for the best interests of the company etc.
To be honest i didn't really ask the interviewer anything as we had been too busy having a good old natter. THey are really nice so just be yourself and chat. If anything think about what you yourself would like to know about the course, what you are confused about. Don't worry you should be fine. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you very much TriaonyRabbit i have seen that NHS issue in a news today as well, i am just panicking but here you made me strong, i will post again for the update after interview.
Reply 3
TrianonyRabbit! thank you that, it really helped me at interview. i was myself and i got a place.I was asked topical health issue specific in social, so i managed to talk about alcohol, obesity and smoking especially in Scotland the alcohol is going up. but i was also asked about my views on those. There were two interviewers and there were lovely ladies.
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means shall see you in september!! There is a group of fb for adult nursing though it does have other branches on it like children or mental health.
Reply 5
Thank you very much definetly i am in this September, how do i find that group?
Reply 7
Thank you i just requested waiting for approval now.xx

Quick Reply

Latest