The Student Room Group

A2 subjects! have I made the right choice?

For AS I did chemistry, maths (stats), psychology and business studies. For A2 i dropped chemistry. I want to be an accountant so will these 3 subjects be good to show to unis or should I have kept chemistry and dropped psychology? :confused::confused:
Reply 1
For Accountancy, as long as you do Maths and some sort of business/economics A Levels, you can choose whatever other subjects you want to do...so don't worry that you've dropped Chemistry...you'll be fine with the Maths and Business Studies.
Reply 2
Original post by Sameen
For Accountancy, as long as you do Maths and some sort of business/economics A Levels, you can choose whatever other subjects you want to do...so don't worry that you've dropped Chemistry...you'll be fine with the Maths and Business Studies.

Thank you. & do you think Business Studies and Psychology would be on the 'Black list' as I don't want it to affect me when applying to uni.
Reply 3
Original post by butterflyy
Thank you. & do you think Business Studies and Psychology would be on the 'Black list' as I don't want it to affect me when applying to uni.

No not at all...unless they specify (very unlikely) that those 2 subjects are not accepted for the A levels grade entries into the Accountancy course. But this is usually General Studies and Critical Thinking.
Reply 4
Original post by butterflyy
For AS I did chemistry, maths (stats), psychology and business studies. For A2 i dropped chemistry. I want to be an accountant so will these 3 subjects be good to show to unis or should I have kept chemistry and dropped psychology? :confused::confused:

I don't know to be honest because if you change your mind chemistry will be more valuable and it is more respectable. However you know yourself best and it's important you enjoy your A-levels but that's a view some people might take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending