The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, yes I'm in it this year and we have reached the national finals in a couple weeks time, very excited!
Original post by Cpb95
Hi, yes I'm in it this year and we have reached the national finals in a couple weeks time, very excited!

Hi there!

Is this for the senior quiz? I'll be there! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by aasvogel
Hi there!

Is this for the senior quiz? I'll be there! :biggrin:

Yes! We lost to Lancaster... That one guy in their team was just insanely quick on the buzzer...
Original post by Cpb95
Yes! We lost to Lancaster... That one guy in their team was just insanely quick on the buzzer...

I'm trying to work out which school you go to then. :tongue: Ampleforth or Colchester? We lost to Haberdashers' in the semi (I'm from the Irish team).

I'm familiar with the fella you're talking about haha! They beat Habs in the final last year as well. In 7 years, he's won the Junior competition twice, the Senior Plate once and the Senior competition three times. Mental. :eek:
Reply 5
I'm from Tonbridge. :-)
Reply 6
Eoin? I found you muhahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to apply for this? I tried messaging the email I found online, but to no avail. Perhaps I have the wrong email?
Original post by IgNoble Prize
Does anyone know how to apply for this? I tried messaging the email I found online, but to no avail. Perhaps I have the wrong email?

You would have to speak to a relevant teacher in your school and then get in touch with a regional coordinator.

If that email doesn't work, perhaps contacting another school who takes part would help. Do you mind me asking which area you're from? I may be able to tell you which school(s) takes part.
You would have to speak to a relevant teacher in your school and then get in touch with a regional coordinator.

If that email doesn't work, perhaps contacting another school who takes part would help. Do you mind me asking which area you're from? I may be able to tell you which school(s) takes part.

Don't worry, I managed to get a response in the end from the email.
Don't worry, I managed to get a response in the end from the email.

Glad to hear - what's the news?
Glad to hear - what's the news?

The Regional Coordinator emailed me stating my school will receive formal invitations shortly. So now I've just got to wait.
The Regional Coordinator emailed me stating my school will receive formal invitations shortly. So now I've just got to wait.

That's great! The National Finals were played there last month. The new competition will start late this year I believe. In the mean time, I have some past questions I can email you for your own perusal if you wish?
That's great! The National Finals were played there last month. The new competition will start late this year I believe. In the mean time, I have some past questions I can email you for your own perusal if you wish?

Sure that would be great. Thanks.
Reply 14
Whats the email address you used,
My College used to compete in this then the teacher who ran it left, whats the email address you have to email to sign up to this quiz then I can get the college signed up for next year?
Original post by JProcter
Whats the email address you used,
My College used to compete in this then the teacher who ran it left, whats the email address you have to email to sign up to this quiz then I can get the college signed up for next year?

[email protected]

Taken from http://media.edusites.co.uk/blog/article/schools-challenge-general-knowledge-quiz/
Reply 16
I am starting it this term. How may I get some past questions?

If you still have access to those past questions, I would also be very grateful if you could provide me with some.
Original post by otherdan
If you still have access to those past questions, I would also be very grateful if you could provide me with some.

PMed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Schools Challenge exists as an actual thing?? I thought they made it up for St Trinians. :s-smilie:

Latest