The Student Room Group

CertHE?

Hi guys, after a few years out of education and a failed attempt at a nursing degree, I'm back to square one.

So after being unsuccessful this year in getting into the course I applied for, I've decided to go for a Certificate of Higher Education through Clearing. It guarantees me a spot in second year to science courses at that particular university, but I can't find much info anywhere about whether other unis accept the CertHE. It's the academic equivalent of a HNC as far as I can tell. Has anyone used this qualification to get into a degree course?
Reply 1
whilst i haven't used this qual to get admission, my understanding was that the cert in HE is no different to an access or an HNC, as u have already stated. it's possible that some uni's may not accept but, it's likely that a fair few will.

best bet would be to contact the uni's u wish to apply to, i'd have thought.
When I was looking into doing a CertHE I contacted UCL to see if they accept it and they said they do (for entry onto the first year, not the second). If they accept it then it is likely others will, contact universities you're interested in and ask. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Samual
When I was looking into doing a CertHE I contacted UCL to see if they accept it and they said they do (for entry onto the first year, not the second). If they accept it then it is likely others will, contact universities you're interested in and ask. :smile:

Thanks! I should hear today if I've been accepted onto the course, once I'm definitely on it I'll start getting in touch with the universities that I'm interested in. It guarantees me second year entry to a uni that isn't exactly great, but I'm hoping I can gain first year entry to somewhere better with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending