The Student Room Group

16 a young age...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by statistics16
what do you mean adult on the bus?

When you're 16 you have to pay adult fares on the bus.

I wouldn't call 16 a child. I would call it a teenager as that's what it is... A 16 year old is not an adult.
im 18 and i dont consider myself an adult
Reply 22
16 = TEENager
Although kids these days act as though they're adults from the age of 14 sometimes.

Edit: 16 is a funny age, because although you're really a kid, legally you can get married, get a job, join the army etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Im 18 and consider myself a teenager.. I get treated like a child by my whole family, in the way they talk to me and the responsibilities im given. They still cant believe im off to uni in a month! 16 is defo a teenager, I can remember how naive i was 2 years ago, its defo not adult!
Reply 24
so at 16 your not a kid...?
Reply 25
teeenagerr imo :biggrin:
Reply 26
i am 16 years old currently going to college next month..
Original post by crc290
Eighteen
Nineteen

Not exactly proving your point tremendously...

Legally, a 16 year old is not an adult

ages 18 and 19 are both teen years still. 18 is legally an adult, but I would say very few are matured by that age, enough to be actually considered "adult".
Reply 28
so being 16 is in the middle of being a child and an adult..?
Reply 29
so being 16 is in the middle of being a child and an adult..?

Basically, yes. Although leaning more towards the child as you can still get away with things that say, a 30 year old wouldn't be able to get away with. You'll grow up a lot in the next few years and realise how young 16 really is...a lot of people seem to want to grow up too fast. I've just turned 18 and I don't want to get any older! :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm 16 and I don't feel like an adult at all :^_^:
Reply 31
so what can yo call that stage? adolscent?
do you still develop if your 16?
Reply 32
Original post by Freier._.lance
ages 18 and 19 are both teen years still. 18 is legally an adult, but I would say very few are matured by that age, enough to be actually considered "adult".

Yes, that was my point - you can't use the fact that it has the word "teen" in to prove sixteen isn't an adult, seeing as eighteen does too, but you're an adult by then...

Although you are right about maturity. I never disagreed with you on that one, just saying, the law's the law
Reply 33
so what can yo call that stage? adolscent?
do you still develop if your 16?

Teenager, adolescent, youth... call yourself whatever you want

How do you mean "develop"? Physically, emotionally, mentally? Some people don't even start puberty until they're 16, if that's what you mean...
Reply 34
[INDENT]so what can yo call that stage? adolscent?
do you still develop if your 16? [/INDENT]
[INDENT]so what can yo call that stage? adolscent?
do you still develop if your 16? [/INDENT]

Yes
Reply 36
I regard them definetly as a teenager. As i'm now 18 i look back at when I was 16 and how i've matured sice then
I was no different at 16 than 19. I don't feel like I've matured much at all from 15 to 22.

In a lot of places on this planet a 16 year old is an adult. They can marry, have kids, join the army, etc. I kind of feel that way too. They should be treated like adults. Because a lot of people in their mid 20s are no more mature. It's one of those things where setting a fixed, arbitrary age is just stupid.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
by saying developed i mean emotions because sometimes i act moody or cry to myself is that natural? and yes physically and mentally?
Reply 39
crying i mean sometimes i cry for noo reason is this natural part of being a teenager?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending