Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Big 'Recommend Me A College' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dobbs
Clearly you are new to this forum and hence don't understand the joke - I was referring to the fact that if you ask anyone who is or has been a Durham student which is the best college then the only thing they will tell you is the college that they went to. 99% of the time this will be true anyway! And so I was implying that it would be better to ask a complete stranger than someone who's actually at Durham :smile:

I'll be in the happy one percent and recommend Cuths
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
dobbs
Clearly you are new to this forum and hence don't understand the joke - I was referring to the fact that if you ask anyone who is or has been a Durham student which is the best college then the only thing they will tell you is the college that they went to. 99% of the time this will be true anyway! And so I was implying that it would be better to ask a complete stranger than someone who's actually at Durham :smile:

Whoops. Sorry. :redface:

To be controversial, from what I hear (from my History teacher's sons, both of whom are at Cuths), Cuths is not vay nice. :s-smilie:
Reply 22
AhorrentlyPretentious
Whoops. Sorry. :redface:

To be controversial, from what I hear (from my History teacher's sons, both of whom are at Cuths), Cuths is not vay nice. :s-smilie:

Hmmm, there is no college which is "not very nice" - I'm pretty sure that the majority of students at Durham are happy with their college. Of course there will be the minority who aren't happy, but it really is the minority.

However there aren't many people at all who dislike Trevs :wink: (and those who do are shot) :biggrin:
AhorrentlyPretentious
Cuths is not vay nice. :s-smilie:

Lies!
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
:laugh:
What you didnt mention there is in Butler you dont have food... :P

That's because we're grown-ups who can cook for ourselves. :p:
generic hybrid
That's because we're grown-ups who can cook for ourselves. :p:

Nah, its because you Butler's are too poor to have your food cooked for you :p:
Seriously though, believe people when they say nowhere in Durham is far. I've just had my first week in Trevs and think I have the worst of the hill stuff out the way - I had really bad freshers' flu so stumbling up the hill with a chest infection and no lung capacity with sacks full of freshers' fair stuff is probably as bad as it will ever get, and now that that's done with it's really fine. It's amazing how quickly you get used to where everything is, and friends and iPods were invented for walks.
tacceber
Seriously though, believe people when they say nowhere in Durham is far. I've just had my first week in Trevs and think I have the worst of the hill stuff out the way - I had really bad freshers' flu so stumbling up the hill with a chest infection and no lung capacity with sacks full of freshers' fair stuff is probably as bad as it will ever get, and now that that's done with it's really fine. It's amazing how quickly you get used to where everything is, and friends and iPods were invented for walks.

that is so true, I never leave without mine anymore. In the past I have completely ignored some of my friends whilst passing them in the street (accidentally, of course) whilst listening to my iPod.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo

Ooh, getting classist now, are you? Maybe we're just used to living in the real world where nanny doesn't serve us a nice cooked roast after our riding lesson. B-U-T to the L to the Er, keeping it street with our microwaved fish fingers.

*busts a cap in a public school boy and strikes complicated gang sign pose*
generic hybrid
Ooh, getting classist now, are you? Maybe we're just used to living in the real world where nanny doesn't serve us a nice cooked roast after our riding lesson. B-U-T to the L to the Er, keeping it street with our microwaved fish fingers.

*busts a cap in a public school boy and strikes complicated gang sign pose*

Nah just foodist. I am just enjoying having someone cook for me while I can, its saving me from plunging into an unhealthy student diet.

*vomits over generic hybrids microwaved fish fingers* :p:
Reply 30
"Best for location?"
Well if your subject is based in Durham(most) not John Snow or Stephenson(they're a 40min bus ride away on the Stockton campus).
So Cuth's is best because it has two Durham locations that you can choose after getting an offer. You can also choose how much you want to be catered.

Are Cuth's winning on the votes? I think so!
Reply 31
6+6=12
I'll be in the happy one percent and recommend Cuths

You're in Cuths? :confused:
Reply 32
No, he's in Butler and doesn't like it.
Reply 33
Having now been at Butler for 2 weeks, I have to say that it's definitely an aquired taste.
Reply 34
I love butler myself, and did the moment I walked in:wink:
*River
Having now been at Butler for 2 weeks, I have to say that it's definitely an aquired taste.

Care to shed some light on that, seeing as I'm applying to Butler for next year :s-smilie:
Reply 36
I've found it very difficult to settle in. I've come from boarding school, and that was a lot more sociable than the flat system is, but that may just be the people I'm living with. From what I've seen, which isn't much, the other colleges just seem to be more sociable somehow (I think the flats prevent this, especially if you're quite shy). I'm glad that I'm cooking for myself, but I honestly think I've made the wrong decision for ME personally, and I don't have any mass grievances against the college itself. You know yourself, so you have to choose a college accordingly.
Ahh right, understood. Thanks. I'm pretty quiet anyway, so I guess it shouldn't be much of a problem
Reply 38
Hopping Mad Kangaroo

Mind you're in Aidan's, not exactly the 'rah-iest' college either!! :wink: (Not that I condone the existence of Rah's!!)
Jurisprude
Mind you're in Aidan's, not exactly the 'rah-iest' college either!! :wink: (Not that I condone the existence of Rah's!!)

Ah, but Aidans does officially have the best college food (nationally), and has won the award for it 2 years running.

Quick Reply

Latest