The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Where'sPerry?
I've completed my study of unit 4 (now for revision, ahh) and my textbook doesn't elaborate on the two types of variation any more than unit 2. In fact, it isn't even mentioned again (not by those names anyway). Then again, I have the worst AQA A2 biology textbook on Earth. My teacher hasn't gone over it again though :confused:

And thank you! :biggrin:

ive just about finished learning unit 4 too :smile:. Im not 100% sure but I don't remember coming across types of variation in unit 2 at all in unit 4 we learnt about them and linked them to polygenic and monogenic inheritance. I actually don't use the textbook that much as my teachers notes are really good so I guess I could've missed something :s-smilie: oh well

and no problem :P
Reply 821
Original post by Where'sPerry?
So sorry to contradict previous post but that's definitely a unit 2 topic. 100% certain :smile:

Haven't posted on here in ages! Last time I posted, I don't think I'd finished my PS :tongue: Anyway, I've got everything all sent off now. I've been acknowledged by three of my four unis, yay!

thanks! just found a revision booklet from my first unit 2 try, and they were in there, so better get revising! :tongue:

also, I LOVE the ray in your sig!! :love:
Finally got a response from UCL, guys! :smile: Seems like I have an offer but it's still going to be put up on UCAS. :smile:
Reply 823
Original post by inyoursystem
ohh, great choices! :smile:
have you received any offers yet?

Not as of yet, I sent my application off last week. When did you send yours off and is there a specific part/parts of biology you are interested in?
Im interested in Bio-Physics and olfaction.
Original post by alt31
thanks! just found a revision booklet from my first unit 2 try, and they were in there, so better get revising! :tongue:

also, I LOVE the ray in your sig!! :love:

It's okay! And haha, thanks, it's adorable isn't it :tongue:
I'm going to print it out huge and stick it on the inside of my folder, hopefully it'll give my teacher a laugh when she opens it up (we have ours checked) :cool:

Edit: Forgot to mention, I got my final acknowledgement yesterday night while I was out for a meal; I only realised this morning :redface: I got a letter from them (Liverpool) in the post today too. Basically reiterates the email, though.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got an offer from Oxford Brookes!!!!!!
Reply 826
Original post by echelonprincess

Congratulations :biggrin:!
Original post by em_cart
Hi :smile: Just found this thread and wondering if anyone's going to Oxford next week for an interview? I go Sunday! Can't believe it's come round so quickly! I'm going on the train so please let me know if your changing in Paddington, it would be nice to meet up with a fellow Biologist :smile:.

Hey, I'm not going via Paddington but which college have you applied to?
Original post by pierrot
Congratulations :biggrin:!

Thank you x Have you got any offers yet?
Reply 829
Thank you x Have you got any offers yet?

Nope, still in the "what if no one wants me?" and staring blankly at Track stage :redface:
Reply 830
Got my first offer :biggrin: from Birmingham for C102 (Biology with a year in industry) :biggrin: so happy :biggrin: :biggrin: waiting on the other 4 now :frown:
Sent my application off to my pastoral manager to do my reference about 2 and a half weeks ago and she still hasn't done it :/
Am I just being impatient or is this taking way longer than it should?
Reply 832
I've just had my fifth offer from York. Is it ok to reply immediately to the offers, stating your first and insurance choice? Because I plan on attending both offer-holder days regardless. I hope they expect that some people attending have already put that university as their first/insurance choice like I will have done?
Does anyone know how long does it takes for UCL to reply after an interview for Biochem. Eng?
Thank you so much in advance!
Just got my second conditional offer from Staffordshire :smile:

Original post by serendipity2012
Finally got a response from UCL, guys! :smile: Seems like I have an offer but it's still going to be put up on UCAS. :smile:

Original post by Alivere
Got my first offer :biggrin: from Birmingham for C102 (Biology with a year in industry) :biggrin: so happy :biggrin: :biggrin: waiting on the other 4 now :frown:

Original post by xbanksx
I've just had my fifth offer from York. Is it ok to reply immediately to the offers, stating your first and insurance choice? Because I plan on attending both offer-holder days regardless. I hope they expect that some people attending have already put that university as their first/insurance choice like I will have done?

Original post by cyan kat
Just got my second conditional offer from Staffordshire :smile:

Massive congrats everyone! :smile:

I've just had a conditional (ABB) from Liverpool!
Congrats to you !
Original post by Mocking_bird
Sent my application off to my pastoral manager to do my reference about 2 and a half weeks ago and she still hasn't done it :/
Am I just being impatient or is this taking way longer than it should?

Yes, it's out of order. My pastoral leader had mine for a month and I was so fed up that my mum wrote her a very angry email since my pleas seemed to be falling on deaf ears! It was sent two days after that. :smile:
Reply 838
Really tempted to do a BBO past paper for fun :ahee:
Reply 839
Original post by miss_spell
Hey, I'm not going via Paddington but which college have you applied to?

St Hilda's. Did you have an interview? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending