Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakedout)
    Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-
    things change, before my a levels i wasnt really keen on biology and in my first year of gcses i hated it. However as my alevels went on i got really into it by reading dawkins etc and so on.
    its a matter of maturing, my bio teacher only got really into bio at university (even though he went to cambridge) at school all he wanted to do was play football. He then went on to have a very successful research career at kings and UCL.So what im saying is that some people mature before others. Its quite unfair to have to pick what we want to do for the rest of our lives some are ready some are not. Go for bio and if you want change you always can.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-
    oh and you can always beg to take other modules and they will probably let you .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    just discovered this thread, hope you all are applying soon or getting offers!
    got offers in Exeter and Bristol, still waiting for three more!
    good luck everyone!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you won't be leaving maths behind, because it's so hard to quantify they come up with ridiculous formulas to cope. Say hello to three years that'll teach you to hate statistics.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, really quick question about the open day at ucl if anyone's been to one
    what did people wear? is it really formal (so suits) or just casual? my email said i had an offer but a condition of that was i attended the open day, so i don't have an assessment or anything.
    please help - it's tomorrow!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oddsox)
    Trust me, you won't be leaving maths behind, because it's so hard to quantify they come up with ridiculous formulas to cope. Say hello to three years that'll teach you to hate statistics.
    I love you. Honest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stavyros)
    oh and you can always beg to take other modules and they will probably let you .
    ... they do that?:eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused because it says I have a conditional offer of ABB for Leeds when my predicted grades are BBB
    I thought they would either reject me or give me my slightly lower grade with the access scheme
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyan kat)
    I'm confused because it says I have a conditional offer of ABB for Leeds when my predicted grades are BBB
    I thought they would either reject me or give me my slightly lower grade with the access scheme
    It means if you firm it, then you have to get ABB on results day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has Edinburgh University started sending out offers for Medical Biology??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ... they do that?:eek:
    sometimes, but you really have to beg( in your last year only 75% has to be bio). You could also attend the maths lectures although it wont count towards your degree.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dream uni is the only one I'm waiting on now. Checking Track like mad, even though it's only two weeks today since my app went off
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come on QUB :cry2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    My dream uni is the only one I'm waiting on now. Checking Track like mad, even though it's only two weeks today since my app went off
    which uni is it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Biology and Biological Sciences the same?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aneeta=))
    Is Biology and Biological Sciences the same?
    It depends, some biological science courses have the same course code and course structure of general biology, but others are more medical based so you need to check the structures.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've just received my second offer for biology, so exciting!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Warwick. Super relieved.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    Just got an offer from Warwick. Super relieved.
    congrats
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've got 4/5 of my offers, just waiting on Reading now but I'm sure most of the courses I applied to weren't as competitive as everyone else's and I hope everyone gets their first choice.
    I'm amazed that Leeds has given me an offer so fast because I don't even meet what they're asking, but it certainly gives me motivation to try get an A
    I'm going to be upset if I don't get in because Leeds is my top choice...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.