The Student Room Group

As results help!!!

Heyy,
I am doing my A levels and got my AS grades last week, I got BBBB (Maths, Bio, chem and English (lit and lang)) I am hoping to get into med and my predicted grades are AAA but having Bs in my As is that going to hinder my chances? thank youu for your replies :smile:
Reply 1
You can still get those As from Bs at A Level but you're gonna have to work a lot harder and make sure you do well enough in any resits. Also, non academic stuff is just as important so make sure you are doing enough work experience and prepare well for those tough interviews.
I know someone who got ABBC at AS Level and managed to get A*AA to get into med school so of course it can be done.
No pressure.
Reply 2
ohhh, okay. Yea, i will have to work hard this year! Thank youu for your help!
I dont mean to be a party pooper but you've probs wont get an offer from a top medical school with those AS. I know a guy who did Chem, Bio, Maths and Econ and got AAAA and still didnt get a single offer. Well not from a top 15
You'll be fine. Just work hard next year; I keep being told that it doesn't matter what grades you have this year as long as the marks add up to the right number out of 600 next year. Plus, quite a lot of medical schoools don't look at your AS grades anymore because they know that it's hard to settle in and often people do much better in A2 year. Plus ^ there isn't really such a thing as a "top" medical school. They're all good, otherwise they wouldn't be medical schools; they're appraised and checked on by the GMC so anywhere that's a medical school is seen as good.
Reply 5
Tbh my teacher said most med applicants get rejected the first time round, take a gap year and ten apply second time round where most of them get in but in all fairness he is an english teacher :P

You're grades are nt bad but they aren't great either, i think your best chance is to take resits but you can easily get 3As at A2 so good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest