Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone in Coales? 2012

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So far I've only been able to find one person staying in Coales building come september. Seeing as Telford has its own thread I'm putting one up for Coales!
    Im in Kitchen 48 Room 5
    Hope to meet you future roomies!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, i'm in Kitchen 48 as well, Room 6, FINALLY someone staying at coales, you're like only the 2nd or 3rd person i've seen staying at coales! What you studying?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikesh93)
    Heyy, i'm in Kitchen 48 as well, Room 6, FINALLY someone staying at coales, you're like only the 2nd or 3rd person i've seen staying at coales! What you studying?
    MY NEIGHBOUR! *gives massive hug!*
    I'm studying Animation! you?
    You don't know how happy I am right now! I thought I was going to be alone there! XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOOL haha back at ya, I was getting kinda worried as well, but i'm sure there are many others, I'm studying maths, i'm really looking forward, only 4 weeks to go, what day are you moving in, 22nd sep right? Where abouts you from?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooooo maths! So am I! I've still got stuff to buy, but theres so much! XD
    Yep I'm coming down on the 22nd :3 Though it'll probs be about mid day time which is annoying (I want to be there first to jump you all
    I'm from Leicestershire!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, yehh same here i have quite a lotbuy and sort out, and i guess i'm gonna have to learn how to make some dishes,.
    I'm like only 30/40 mins away by car from Herts so i might beat you to it there, look forward to seeing you there !
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    >.< Your so lucky! I think my trip going to be about 3 hours either way I go XD
    Damn... I can't jump you then :P
    Well I'm an okay cook if your not too picky with what you eat
    I too can't wait to see you! :3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyLeaf)
    So far I've only been able to find one person staying in Coales building come september. Seeing as Telford has its own thread I'm putting one up for Coales!
    Im in Kitchen 48 Room 5
    Hope to meet you future roomies!
    I'm in Coales but I don't know what room how do I find out?
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoat)
    I'm in Coales but I don't know what room how do I find out?
    That should be in some of the paperwork you have been sent Just go through everything you have been sent lol it is there somewhere
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    That should be in some of the paperwork you have been sent Just go through everything you have been sent lol it is there somewhere
    Oh right does it get sent after you accept the offer? I only accepted it yesterday
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh right does it get sent after you accept the offer? I only accepted it yesterday
    If you got an email saying about an offer of accommodation there should be an attachment to that email with the details of where your staying
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! You said you are in coales so I assumed you had already confirmed it and gotten the email and stuff, you should get an email in a few days with all the info.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyLeaf)
    If you got an email saying about an offer of accommodation there should be an attachment to that email with the details of where your staying

(Original post by Pop_tart)
    Oh yes! You said you are in coales so I assumed you had already confirmed it and gotten the email and stuff, you should get an email in a few days with all the info.
    Ahh ok thanks I don't think I got that email yet had me worried for a second
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kitchen 49 Room 04
    At least now I know people are actually in the block, I was starting to think I'd be on my own.

Has anyone seen the Coales block, I never got round to it on the open day?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im in Kitchen 48 , yeah seems there are less people at coales even though there's meant to be like 100 rooms, found this vid on youtube which briefly shows what the room will look like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SwPKnT4tA
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the video Vikesh, and now I think I know why we can't seem to find anyone.
    This particular person was an international student, so this could be the hall that most international students are going into. THUS why we can't seem to find them
    Or we got about 97 rooms to ourself :P PARTY TIME!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the video, I think most of the fern, coales, broad halls are pretty much the same really.
    I hope its not just all the international students in one block, I was hoping to have a mix of people really.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't be disheartened by international. It means MORE fun and lots of different cultures :3
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednaxula)
    Thanks for the video, I think most of the fern, coales, broad halls are pretty much the same really.
    I hope its not just all the international students in one block, I was hoping to have a mix of people really.
    Sadly herts does put all international students together and all UK students together. The whole point for international students coming to the UK is mixing with home students, that's part of the experience but herts doesn't get that. They claim that international students feel more at ease all together cause you are sort of with people who are all in the same boat. Now I get where they are coming from but they could easily do 3/4 international students per flat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they'll still be a fair few of us from here, any idea how many of us roughly will be sharing a kitchen?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.