The Student Room Group

Screwed...

Well basically I'm sitting the following exams for physics in may/june edexcel.
Subjects and how much they are worth.

Mechanics and Radioactivity (30%) I got a C the first time round
Electricity and Thermal Physics (30%)
Medical Physics (20%)
Practical Exam(20%)

Well when I opened the past papers for Electricity and Thermal Physics...and Medical Physics, I couldn't understand anything.

So what is the best way for me to revise the whole thing thoroughly, I NEED an A in this subject.

Also whats the best way for me to prepare for the retake of the module.

Thanks
Im doing the same as you this year except im doing Astro as opposed to Medical.

Personally, I would say its a good thing to not understand much of the papers - if its any consolation hardly anyone in my physics group does.

Initially go through them answering everything you can.
When you've finished, go through it again filling in the bits you left out by actually looking through your textbooks and the like (don't directly use the mark scheme at this stage).
Then once everything is filled in - mark it all with the mark scheme.

ANY question I get wrong on a past paper which I got wrong because of some clever little twist involved I copy out into a notebook and (although it sounds stupid) start revising how to do this question - usually from year to year questions are similar on the papers.

Also, organisation can hold the key to everything.
Copy up your physics notes - not all of them but the little trickey twists.
Keep condensing and condensing your notes until you have everything you need to know in one small book - THEN work on cramming in all of this - read something cover it up test yourself - go back and re-read until you've learnt it.

If you do this a lot you will do well - "what you sow you shall reap" - Jesus of Nazareth

Message me if you need any more info

Latest