Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Overall Grade Boundaries

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's 180 for an A*, 160 for an A, 140 for a B, etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...BOUNDARIES.PDF
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got 181
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oji)
    I got 181
    Well done I got 172 My coursework brought it down?! It's weird because I got 37/40 (Raw) when my teacher marked it, then AQA marked it and I got 37 UMS - do you think there is a mistake?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    186 :pierre:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    186 :pierre:
    What did you get in the exams?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGG_)
    What did you get in the exams?
    I have no idea which unit is coursework and whats what exam, but I got 80 (a*) unit 1, 58 (a) for unit 2, and 48 (a*) for unit 3
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea which unit is coursework and whats what exam, but I got 80 (a*) unit 1, 58 (a) for unit 2, and 48 (a*) for unit 3
    Well done! I got 71/80, 64/70 for U2 and U3 I got 37 UMS but I got 37/40 when my teacher marked it; I believe there has been a mistake!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGG_)
    Well done! I got 71/80, 64/70 for U2 and U3 I got 37 UMS but I got 37/40 when my teacher marked it; I believe there has been a mistake!
    What grade was 37 UMS? (sorry I get really confused haha) An A is still really good though! So Unit 3's the coursework...you don't happen to know what unit was poetry and what one was the prose?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What grade was 37 UMS? (sorry I get really confused haha) An A is still really good though! So Unit 3's the coursework...you don't happen to know what unit was poetry and what one was the prose?
    Indeed I do! Unit 1 is the prose, Unit 2 in the poetry and U3 is the coursework. 37 UMS is 28 raw I believe Can't believe it went down 9 marks. Going to ask my exam officer what he thinks - definitely a mistake.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGG_)
    Indeed I do! Unit 1 is the prose, Unit 2 in the poetry and U3 is the coursework. 37 UMS is 28 raw I believe Can't believe it went down 9 marks. Going to ask my exam officer what he thinks - definitely a mistake.

got an A* in a paper I didn't finish. wut :eek:

Aw that's rough Have you spoken to your English teacher/department? They will probably have the reason why you got marked down from the exam board. And if everyone got majorly marked down, they might appeal. Although your exam officer is probably a good place to go.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    got an A* in a paper I didn't finish. wut :eek:

Aw that's rough Have you spoken to your English teacher/department? They will probably have the reason why you got marked down from the exam board. And if everyone got majorly marked down, they might appeal. Although your exam officer is probably a good place to go.
    I may leave it, I am content with an A! Especially with mitigating circumstances... Still gunna ask my college tomorrow during my enrolment interview
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGG_)
    I may leave it, I am content with an A! Especially with mitigating circumstances... Still gunna ask my college tomorrow during my enrolment interview
    it is a great grade, you should be happy regardless
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    it is a great grade, you should be happy regardless
    thanks for your advice

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.