The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Did you apply last year to Peninsula if you dont mind me asking?

no i didn't the unit i applied to are in my sig, this year I'm applying more strategically :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by NutterFrutter
This is nothing like what they told me when I called them a couple of weeks ago. They said they give very little advantage to reapplicants and still consider the UKCAT for reapplicants.

yeah i found it bizarre so i phoned them up again later the same day and earlier today and they said the same thing
Reply 62
Original post by kimmey
no i didn't the unit i applied to are in my sig, this year I'm applying more strategically :smile:

I see, good luck with your applications! I see you're applying to both Exeter and Plymouth this year, like me.
Original post by kimmey
yeah i found it bizarre so i phoned them up again later the same day and earlier today and they said the same thing

Ahh, so they said the same as what I'm saying or the same as what you said before? :unsure:
Reply 64
Ahh, so they said the same as what I'm saying or the same as what you said before? :unsure:

what i said before :smile:
Reply 65
I see, good luck with your applications! I see you're applying to both Exeter and Plymouth this year, like me.

you to ! yeah i just wanted to play it safe this time and apply to unit that id be guaranteed an interview (according to their admissions policy). i just want to do medicine i don't care where, where else are you applying ? :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by kimmey
you to ! yeah i just wanted to play it safe this time and apply to unit that id be guaranteed an interview (according to their admissions policy). i just want to do medicine i don't care where, where else are you applying ? :smile:

Aberdeen and Southampton..

North-south divide epitomised. :biggrin:
Reply 67
Aberdeen and Southampton..

North-south divide epitomised. :biggrin:

haha wow that sure is !
hey all! I want to apply to exeter or plymouth and was wondering what would be a secure UKCAT score?
Original post by AishaTara
hey all! I want to apply to exeter or plymouth and was wondering what would be a secure UKCAT score?

660+ safe but 650 should be okay

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AishaTara

Last year the total was 2570 so average of 642.5, although they ask for specific scores in each of the categories. VR 530, QR 570, AR 560, DA 570 for 2012 :smile:
Original post by charlotteaimee
Last year the total was 2570 so average of 642.5, although they ask for specific scores in each of the categories. VR 530, QR 570, AR 560, DA 570 for 2012 :smile:

I'm hoping VR doesn't increase to above 550. :unsure:
I'm hoping VR doesn't increase to above 550. :unsure:

I doubt it will, they haven't changed hugely. Fingers crossed for you though! :smile: I'm pretty sure I'm safe.
I doubt it will, they haven't changed hugely. Fingers crossed for you though! :smile: I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

They've been increasing by 10 every year so I think it might increase to 540. Even if it increases to 550 I'll be okay as long as it doesn't go above that. xD Although, VR did have new type questions this year so it might not increase at all. :ninja:
They've been increasing by 10 every year so I think it might increase to 540. Even if it increases to 550 I'll be okay as long as it doesn't go above that. xD Although, VR did have new type questions this year so it might not increase at all. :ninja:

Yeah that's true, I don't expect they'd increase by 20 though. VR is one of the hardest parts. Well I think so at least! :yucky: Give me the maths any day!

I wasn't aware the questions had changed though? I knew of the trial for the new section but what changed with VR?
Yeah that's true, I don't expect they'd increase by 20 though. VR is one of the hardest parts. Well I think so at least! :yucky: Give me the maths any day!

I wasn't aware the questions had changed though? I knew of the trial for the new section but what changed with VR?

Those new questions... The ones that aren't "True", "False" and "Can't Tell"... you know the longer ones. :lol: They weren't in the test last year.
Reply 76
Does anyone know what their minimum GCSE requirements are. I can't find them anywhere :frown:
Original post by bssjonny
Does anyone know what their minimum GCSE requirements are. I can't find them anywhere :frown:

Applicants need to achieve 7 GCSE passes at grades A-C which must include English Language, Mathematics and either GCSE Single and Additional Science or GCSE Biology and Chemistry.

https://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/BMBS/Pages/BMBS-Entry-Requirements.aspx
Those new questions... The ones that aren't "True", "False" and "Can't Tell"... you know the longer ones. :lol: They weren't in the test last year.

Oh I had no idea! As you might be able to tell, my first year applying :colondollar:
I am a resitter and I am VERY scared about my UKCAT on thursday... Anybody else resitting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending