The Student Room Group

Chem eng at UCL?

Uni stats shows that 85% of graduates get a 2:1 or above, but why are the graduate prospects so low compared to like imperial and nottingham?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1

Because it is UCL
Reply 3
Meaning its not known as much for chem eng?

Original post by poopnoddy
Meaning its not known as much for chem eng?

From the league tables I've looked at universities such as Newcastle, Leeds and Bath have the highest graduate prospects. They have higher percentages than both Imperial and Cambridge.

I think this is perhaps to do with the networks and links with industry that these universities have, and the general set-up they have to assist their students to find graduate employment.
Reply 5
Original post by Tullia
From the league tables I've looked at universities such as Newcastle, Leeds and Bath have the highest graduate prospects. They have higher percentages than both Imperial and Cambridge.

I think this is perhaps to do with the networks and links with industry that these universities have, and the general set-up they have to assist their students to find graduate employment.

Yeah do you know any other good university ranking websites except from the guardian and uni stats?

Reply 6
An arwu

Yeah do you know any other good university ranking websites except from the guardian and uni stats?

This is what I was using when I made my post: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Reply 8

http://www.guardian.co.uk/higher-education-network/2012/jun/29/top-uk-universities-for-engineering-chemical-2012-qs-world-university-rankings

Quick Reply

Latest