The Student Room Group

Grimsby Institute FHE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexAmelia
i should be there the same day :smile: oh god, thats so crap! cant believe they said they cant find it on the database :s yeah i hope theres still places left, im sure there will be :smile:

Brilliant! And I know:/ I wont get another email until Monday as they're closed at the weekends :s I applied for exactly the same rooms as last time just in the hope I can get a single room, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of sharing:/ but fingers crossed!
Original post by Raven-Cheyenne
Brilliant! And I know:/ I wont get another email until Monday as they're closed at the weekends :s I applied for exactly the same rooms as last time just in the hope I can get a single room, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of sharing:/ but fingers crossed!

oh no, that must be really frustrating :frown: yeah i understand, i really wouldnt wanna share either but hopefully they will have a single room for you! :smile: and we could add each other on facebook?
Original post by AlexAmelia
oh no, that must be really frustrating :frown: yeah i understand, i really wouldnt wanna share either but hopefully they will have a single room for you! :smile: and we could add each other on facebook?

It's so frustrating, especially with September just around the corner :/ Yeah keeping everything crossed! And sure! Do you wanna add me? I'm probably easier to find haha!
yeah exactly :/ but im sure everything will work out for you :smile: haha yeah thats true! ill add you then
Reply 24
Is anyone doing the prosthetic makeup course? :smile:
Original post by H.Jade

Hello Jade,

I'm currently going into my second year at the Grimsby institute for the Special Effects makeup course:smile:
Reply 26
I'm hopefully starting it in September!! It's looks amazing how's it going for you?
I love it! I come from quite far, Grimsby is an easy going town and the uni itself has some great facilities! The tutor is fantastic as well!
Have you applied for halls of residence?
Reply 29
Original post by H.Jade

I will be doing this September x
Reply 30
I love it! I come from quite far, Grimsby is an easy going town and the uni itself has some great facilities! The tutor is fantastic as well!

Great!! What freshers stuff happens? I've applied for accommodation, yeah:smile:
Reply 31
Original post by AmberLD
I will be doing this September x

Do you have a unconditional or conditional offer?? X
Original post by H.Jade
Great!! What freshers stuff happens? I've applied for accommodation, yeah:smile:

I'm not going to lie to you, we didn't get a freshers but previous years have and they've put in place ideas for this year. What accommodation have you applied for?
Reply 33
I'm not going to lie to you, we didn't get a freshers but previous years have and they've put in place ideas for this year. What accommodation have you applied for?

Thanks for been honest, I didn't think many freshers things would happen there. I've applied for welholme:smile: personally I liked it more.
Reply 34
Original post by H.Jade
Do you have a unconditional or conditional offer?? X

Hey, it's Conditional as I need something like 20 more ucas points as I did 2 a levels and did a diploma this year and it will get me the 20 extra I needed
Original post by H.Jade

Hi Jade i am doing the special effects course:smile: Is it your first year at uni?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi I have just been looking at the BA(Hons) Special effects makeup course at Grimsby. It looks like an amazing course. Just wondered if I could ask a few questions?
Do you enjoy it?
How many pieces do you need in your portfolio for the interview?
What are the age ranges on the course? I am a mature student and just want to get a general idea of the ages
What are the facilities like?
And lastly, what qualifications did you have for entry requirements? i am confused from the website
Sorry for all the questions
Thank you for your time
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi im doing this course im septemeber and ive just applied for student accommodation and got into scartho house i waa wondering if anyone else is in those halls too??
Original post by H.Jade
Also what is the accommodation like? I am interested in Welholme, but wondered if anyone could tell me about any of them.
thank you
Dream
Reply 39
Original post by Daisyelizabeth18
Hi im doing this course im septemeber and ive just applied for student accommodation and got into scartho house i waa wondering if anyone else is in those halls too??

Same, I'm also at the same a accommodation x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending