The Student Room Group

Grimsby Institute FHE?

Scroll to see replies

Where abouts are you from?
Original post by AmberLD
Same, I'm also at the same a accommodation x
Original post by AmberLD
Same, I'm also at the same a accommodation x

Scartho hall is lovely! Seriously such a nice halls I'm going into second year and that will be my second year at Scartho
Original post by Daisyelizabeth18
Hi im doing this course im septemeber and ive just applied for student accommodation and got into scartho house i waa wondering if anyone else is in those halls too??

I'm going into second year and this will also be my second year at Scartho, personally I like it the best and I've been in the others throughout my first year and overall, Scartho is just nicer
Hi i am due to start a buisness management with account degree in september is there anyone from last year that knows the reading list
Hi all!
I just wondered if anyone could tell me how many toilets/shower rooms there are in scartho halls, and how many student have to share them?
Thank you
Dream
x
Reply 45
Original post by DreamOfTheStage
Hi all!
I just wondered if anyone could tell me how many toilets/shower rooms there are in scartho halls, and how many student have to share them?
Thank you
Dream
x

Hello, I think there about 17 students who have standard rooms, 2 ensuit rooms and I think 3 deluxe ensuites rooms. 18 who share the toilets and show rooms. there's one block of male showers and toilets together and then the same for the girls an then then unisex toilets dotted around 😃 everyone seems pretty good about it all at scartho but I had an ensuit. There's also a big disabled shower that people will use of they just want to be more private so x
Original post by AmberLD
Hello, I think there about 17 students who have standard rooms, 2 ensuit rooms and I think 3 deluxe ensuites rooms. 18 who share the toilets and show rooms. there's one block of male showers and toilets together and then the same for the girls an then then unisex toilets dotted around 😃 everyone seems pretty good about it all at scartho but I had an ensuit. There's also a big disabled shower that people will use of they just want to be more private so x

Thank you for replying so quickly! Sorry just want to clarify, does that mean the showers are all open or are there cubicles?
Thank you again
x
Reply 47
Thank you for replying so quickly! Sorry just want to clarify, does that mean the showers are all open or are there cubicles?
Thank you again
x

No worries, I know how hard it is to get Info in my first year so. No they're closed cubicles with doors and such it's just that there like in a row side by side like toilet cubicles x some people just prefer showering in the disabled as it's just one stall and it's much bigger
Hi everyone I've just found out I've been out in Humber for my first year, could anyone give me any details on what the showers/toilets are like over ther as I'm panicking slightly after not being given an en suite room! Any info about the Halls would be great!
Thanks
X
Original post by AmberLD
No worries, I know how hard it is to get Info in my first year so. No they're closed cubicles with doors and such it's just that there like in a row side by side like toilet cubicles x some people just prefer showering in the disabled as it's just one stall and it's much bigger

Yes its really hard to find information. Thank you so much for that, its so helpful. If you don't mind I have a couple more questions? I have heard thats the halls are really noisy? i am a mature student and don't drink so am a little worried. Are the halls nice and is there a a good bus route, i know its not far from uni but i just wondered if there is a good bus service to and from the uni just incase?
Thank you x
Reply 50
Yes its really hard to find information. Thank you so much for that, its so helpful. If you don't mind I have a couple more questions? I have heard thats the halls are really noisy? i am a mature student and don't drink so am a little worried. Are the halls nice and is there a a good bus route, i know its not far from uni but i just wondered if there is a good bus service to and from the uni just incase?
Thank you x

Personally I'm at scartho and my rooms not part of the main building but even when I'm inside I've never found it to be overly noisy and everyone's pretty good at jist saying please keep it down if needs be x I love my halls and all of them are within a 13 walk of the uni I would say with lots of buses that go round it so don't worry about that.
Original post by AmberLD
Personally I'm at scartho and my rooms not part of the main building but even when I'm inside I've never found it to be overly noisy and everyone's pretty good at jist saying please keep it down if needs be x I love my halls and all of them are within a 13 walk of the uni I would say with lots of buses that go round it so don't worry about that.

Thats brilliant, thank you so much for all your help! Honestly you have put my mind at rest. Thank you!
x
Hi , I’m applying for Grimsby this year and was wondering what the accommodation looked like in Scartho house as I’ve had no luck online x
Original post by Gracenicole
Hi , I’m applying for Grimsby this year and was wondering what the accommodation looked like in Scartho house as I’ve had no luck online x

Hi,
Im in my final year at Grimsby and have been in Scartho for all 3 years. Finding information online is really hard and there isn't many pictures even when you do! Have you found the accommodation leaflet thats online? If not let me know and ill try and reply with a link - however there is only a photo of the common room in there for scartho!
I don't think i have pictures thats I've taken either that are just the rooms. Let me know if you've seen the leaflet and/or id happily explain what its like inside (as much as you can in writing!)
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending