The Student Room Group

Xbox to uni?

I was wondering whether I should take my xbox to uni. I have a Playstation 2 as well and I was wondering whether I should take both or neither? Will I have a chance to play?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be taking mine next year
Of course you will have time to play, what else you going to do on the nights you aren't out and you've got no work to do.
Take both if you can.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Reply 4
Ah that reminds me I need to get one for uni. If in halls, live will be a problem. Either ask your IT guys if they can allow you or use MiFi.
Reply 5
what's MiFi? yeah i heard they block xbox's. I'm going to take both, thanks
At my uni they certainly don't block Xbox's, its just the same as the internet on any other device tbh, its not too harsh on the bandwidth. Im definitely taking mine, couldn't go 30 weeks without it :colone:
Reply 7
I'm bringing mine! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by GLWK
I was wondering whether I should take my xbox to uni. I have a Playstation 2 as well and I was wondering whether I should take both or neither? Will I have a chance to play?

Take it, but don't expect to be playing online if you're in halls :tongue:
Reply 9
I took mine and it was fine. At one point I played a little too much but you'll definitely have time to play :P
i wouldnt just learn work learn work
Reply 11
You're going to have a looooooooooooot of downtime... Take it.
Reply 12
I'm deffo taking mine
Reply 13
taking mine
Acess to XBL and the amount of lag you'll get depends on your halls, I had a better connection in halls than at home! But definitely take it :smile:
Reply 15
Consider that the next gen of Xbox will probably come out in the autumn of 2013.
Reply 16
I'm taking my PS3 and there isn't a force or person on this planet that could stop me. :tongue:
Reply 17
I'll probably be taking mine along with my TV, although it could be a pain to transport...
Original post by GLWK

Take the xbox and put it in the communal area of your flat or whatever, everyone loves a bit of drunk multiplayer
I took mine and my TV too - managed fine through uni halls internet and even managed to hook it up to a wireless router at one point. I wouldn't take your PS2 though & certainly wouldn't leave anything in the communal areas unless you would like a drunken flatmate to come home and puke/piss/smash it up for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending