The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science Applicants 2013 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, I didn't get the best AS grades but I'm predicted AAB ,would not-so-great AS's hinder my application Uni's such as Kings or Southampton?
Reply 41
Original post by shms
Hi, I didn't get the best AS grades but I'm predicted AAB ,would not-so-great AS's hinder my application Uni's such as Kings or Southampton?

What AS grades did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Hello all

I'm applying for Biomedical Science this year but after some pretty disasterous AS grades and DREADED ISAs my AS results were :- ACCC in English Lang/Physics/biology/Chemistry. However as it was the ISAs which brought all my sciences down a grade the teachers were happy to predict me ABB.

The UCAS has been sent off hurrah! Very worried how my AS grades will affect them though. Regarding AS levels, most unis understand AS levels are not representative of a students capability as the gap from GCSE to A Level is huge and demanding. They are more bothered by predicted grades.

Choices

Edinburgh - BBB

Lancaster - AAB/ABB

East Anglia - ABB

Newcastle - AAB (aaaaah they changed it to higher grades! Cry)

Coventry - CCC (insurance)

Hope everyone gets offers. And damn those stupid ISAs!
xx
Original post by FuzzBuzz
No graduate entry med has always been for 4 yrs

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

erm no because St Georges university of london actually allows their students to apply for year three (T-Year) of the Medicine 5-year MBBS programme.

it says it on their website:
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/biomedical-science/transfer-into-medicine
so i was wondering if any other universities also do that?? :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by amelia95
Hello all

I'm applying for Biomedical Science this year but after some pretty disasterous AS grades and DREADED ISAs my AS results were :- ACCC in English Lang/Physics/biology/Chemistry. However as it was the ISAs which brought all my sciences down a grade the teachers were happy to predict me ABB.

The UCAS has been sent off hurrah! Very worried how my AS grades will affect them though. Regarding AS levels, most unis understand AS levels are not representative of a students capability as the gap from GCSE to A Level is huge and demanding. They are more bothered by predicted grades.

Choices

Edinburgh - BBB

Lancaster - AAB/ABB

East Anglia - ABB

xx

Thought Newcastle was AAA-ABB??
I think I'll be predicted A*BB (French,bio and chem)
But if Newcastle is AAB,then I may not apply there.. :frown:
Westminster is CCC too
Original post by amelia95
Hello all

Choices

Edinburgh - BBB

Lancaster - AAB/ABB

East Anglia - ABB

xx

Edinburgh is AAA isnt it? theres no way its BBB for biomed
Reply 46
Original post by sophie0106
Edinburgh is AAA isnt it? theres no way its BBB for biomed

I'm applying for Medical Sciences - which is BBB
Reply 47
Hi guys

I finished my Biomedical degree 2009 at Coventry university it was three years full time course and haven't had the chance to train in hospital labs, I have tried to apply few vacancy at such as MLA or even voluntary with no luck. So can anybody advice me.

Many thanks

Reply 48
Hello all,

I applied for biomed at:
St Georges ABB
Kingston CCC (insurance)

Sent my application on the 12th.

Oh and I also applied to:
Nottingham for medicine
Manchester for pharmacy
Leeds/Bradford for clinical sciences

:biggrin:
Hi does anybody here know how good Warwick is for Biomedical Science?
Reply 50
Original post by tasniaa
Hello all,

I applied for biomed at:
St Georges ABB
Kingston CCC (insurance)

Sent my application on the 12th.

Oh and I also applied to:
Nottingham for medicine
Manchester for pharmacy
Leeds/Bradford for clinical sciences

:biggrin:

How did you structure your personal statement :eek:
Reply 51
Original post by neldee95
How did you structure your personal statement :eek:

Haha! I get that quite a lot.
I've always wanted to do medicine and my PS was a medical one
however, like most others on this thread my AS grdes let me down.
I couldn't let myself not apply so I did to Nottingham, and the others are medical related so my PS shouldn't be a problem... I hope.
Original post by tasniaa
Haha! I get that quite a lot.
I've always wanted to do medicine and my PS was a medical one
however, like most others on this thread my AS grdes let me down.
I couldn't let myself not apply so I did to Nottingham, and the others are medical related so my PS shouldn't be a problem... I hope.

Waoh that's very risky

I'm applying mainly for dentistry but as my back up iv got biology at Manchester and biomed at Manchester met

I'm appplying for Biomedical Science at Newcastle as a 5th, back up choice for medicine... Anyone here applied to Newcastle? :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by lastlullabyy
I'm appplying for Biomedical Science at Newcastle as a 5th, back up choice for medicine... Anyone here applied to Newcastle? :biggrin:

I've applied to Newcastle for my 5th back up choice for medicine too! :biggrin: Also have Newcastle as my first choice for medicine... Haha :smile:
Which biomed course did you apply for?
Original post by sarah998
I've applied to Newcastle for my 5th back up choice for medicine too! :biggrin: Also have Newcastle as my first choice for medicine... Haha :smile:
Which biomed course did you apply for?

B940, the normal Biomedical Sciences one without anything additional in the name... :biggrin: Do you know if they give offers like "already" or they wait till 15th of January's deadline?...
Reply 57
Original post by lastlullabyy
B940, the normal Biomedical Sciences one without anything additional in the name... :biggrin: Do you know if they give offers like "already" or they wait till 15th of January's deadline?...

I'm not sure, I haven't even had an acknowledgment from them yet! :s-smilie: Hopefully they'll email soon :smile:
just had a biomedical sciences offer from sheffield :smile: (medicine backup)
Original post by sarah998
I'm not sure, I haven't even had an acknowledgment from them yet! :s-smilie: Hopefully they'll email soon :smile:

When did you send your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending