The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medical School Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Hi elwyn,
What GP practice do most people sign up with?
Reply 2121
Original post by Elwyn
There probably are some out there but whether or not you'd have trouble with compatibility if you tried transferring a file from your PC to a uni PC I'm not sure.

It may interest you to know you can get Microsoft Office 365 University Edition for £53.95 from Software4Students: http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/microsoft-office-365-university

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2122
has anyone received a welcome pack from the medical school? they said to expect to receive one 3 weeks before starting..
Original post by cb94
has anyone received a welcome pack from the medical school? they said to expect to receive one 3 weeks before starting..

got a general one last friday from cardiff uni but it wasn't specific to medical school
Reply 2124
Original post by thomashaddock
got a general one last friday from cardiff uni but it wasn't specific to medical school

What kind of pack did you get? I've had a leaflet with a map but that s all ! :confused:
Original post by joshmcw
What kind of pack did you get? I've had a leaflet with a map but that s all ! :confused:

oh well i enrolled online in august & then got sent to me a freshers calendar, leaflets for getting started like insurance & unii.com
Reply 2126
oh well i enrolled online in august & then got sent to me a freshers calendar, leaflets for getting started like insurance & unii.com

Thanks for that! I have enrolled but nothing though the post yet!
Reply 2127
I want to put Cardiff as my last choice but I think it might be a bit risky :/ I got 5A*'s and 4 A's at GCSE ( the highest in my school :eek: )and AAAAAB at AS level. Any advice?
Reply 2128

Original post by cb94

Original post by Elwyn
You'll actually be at the Heath a lot more than freshers have been in the past. As part of the new C21 course you'll spend less time at Biosci than we did and more time up at the Heath.

Hi guys,
I really want to come to cardiff in september (i have an offer)
what accommodation do you guys recommend?
Are there any ones we should steer clear of?
Thanks!
really appreciate a bit of guidance! :smile:
Reply 2129
Original post by hafsa909
Hi guys,
I really want to come to cardiff in september (i have an offer)
what accommodation do you guys recommend?
Are there any ones we should steer clear of?
Thanks!
really appreciate a bit of guidance! :smile:

Just put all Talybont options at the top of your preferences. In which order is up to you. Taly Court is the more expensive option which is has rooms that are a little nicer. Taly South and North have comparable rooms so there really is no real difference between them. South probably is more sociable (and therefore louder) purely because of the way the houses are set up. Taly North (where I lived) is also very sociable, you'll get to know everyone in your house (around 70 people) and it's also the closest one to Tesco Extra.
Aside from that, you don't really want to live anywhere else if you can help it :tongue:
Reply 2130
Original post by Elwyn
Just put all Talybont options at the top of your preferences. In which order is up to you. Taly Court is the more expensive option which is has rooms that are a little nicer. Taly South and North have comparable rooms so there really is no real difference between them. South probably is more sociable (and therefore louder) purely because of the way the houses are set up. Taly North (where I lived) is also very sociable, you'll get to know everyone in your house (around 70 people) and it's also the closest one to Tesco Extra.
Aside from that, you don't really want to live anywhere else if you can help it :tongue:

awesome thank you so much!
I'll be coming back next year to repeat next year due to illness, so I can offer advice if you need any as i've experienced c21 for myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending